Summer Chopped Chicken Saladwith cantaloupe / pistachios / feta
Made with leftover grilled chicken from earlier in the week, this summery salad is refreshing on a hot day. No cooking required! Fresh cantaloupe might sound like an unusual ingredient to add to a salad, but it provides a cool, slightly sweet note to balance out the other ingredients.
- Honey Lime Grilled Chicken Thighs (leftover from Tuesday) - 4, chopped
- Prosciutto (opt) - 2 oz, chopped
- Cucumbers - 10 oz, chopped
- Cheese, feta - 5 oz, cubed
- Green onions - 2 stalks, chopped, green and white parts combined
- Cantaloupe - 10 oz, cubed
- Salad greens, any type - 8 oz
- Pistachios, shelled - 1/4 cup
- Garlic - 1 clove, chopped
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 2 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 Tbsp (use large grain if you have it on hand)
- Honey - 1 Tbsp
- Oil, olive - 5 Tbsp
- Make vinaigrette - Chop garlic. Whisk together garlic, vinegar, mustard, and honey. Add oil while whisking. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Chicken / Prosciutto - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Cucumbers / Feta / Green onions - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Cantaloupe - Cube cantaloupe.
- If you’d like the chicken warm, reheat in the microwave.
- Assemble salads by forming a bed of salad greens. Top lettuce with prosciutto, chicken, cucumbers, feta, white and green parts of green onions, cantaloupe, and pistachios. Add vinaigrette until dressed to your liking. Enjoy!
This meal has 31 reviews
Used fresh, sweet cantaloupe from neighbor’s garden, wonderful!
I never would have thought to put cantaloupe in a salad like this but it worked wonderfully! We used blue cheese instead of feta because it's what we had on hand, but that also worked well. A filling dinner salad that tasted fresh and healthy!
We made this tonight. Everyone loved it, except my one year old haha :) My wife said it was her favorite we've had in a while!
I was surprised by how good this was! And quite filling. We made it in winter, but I'd bet it's even better in summer.
One of the best salads I've ever had. DYNAMITE!