Avocado Toast with Lemon Balsamic Arugula
with sweet potato fries / fruit parfaits
- Radishes - 6, halved and sliced (use watermelon radishes if you can find them)
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp + 1/2 tsp
- Vinegar, balsamic - 1 tsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, olive - 2 Tbsp
- Arugula - 4 oz
- Pepitas / pumpkin seeds - 1/4 cup
- Avocados - 2, mashed
- Bread, sandwich - 4 slices
- Strawberries - 1 pint, quartered (sub any red berry like raspberries or cherries)
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 2 cups
- Blueberries - 1 pint
- Honey - 2 Tbsp
- Oven fries, frozen - 16 oz (we like sweet potatoes here, but use any type you prefer)
- Ketchup (opt) - for serving
- Assemble parfaits - (If prepping right before cooking get oven heating before continuing with prep.) Quarter strawberries. In small glasses or bowls (use one per serving), layer parfaits by starting with a thin layer of yogurt, topping it with blueberries, then yogurt, and then strawberries. Continue until all of the yogurt and berries have been used. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Radishes - Halve and slice radishes. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Follow cooking instructions on frozen fries to heat oven and bake fries.
- Whisk together first portion of lemon juice, vinegar, and mustard. Add olive oil while whisking. Pile arugula, radishes, and pepitas on top of vinaigrette, but wait to toss everything together until right before serving.
- Mash avocados with second portion of lemon juice and season with some salt and pepper.
- When fries are almost finished, toast bread. Spread mashed avocado on toast. Toss arugula, radishes, and pepitas with vinaigrette. Pile arugula on top of each portion of avocado toast.
- Drizzle each parfait with honey.
- Enjoy avocado toast with fries and ketchup for dipping. Serve the parfaits right away or save them for a light dessert.
Very good and simple! Loved the arugula and vinaigrette. A little more effort than I usually put into avocado toast :) so it was nice to have for dinner.0 Helpful
Enjoyed this more than I expected with the portobello and arugula. Added some garlic and onion powder and red pepper flakes to the ground beef for extra flavor. LOVED the fruit salad with honey and yogurt!0 Helpful
We caramelised some onions with patties otherwise it would've been just the taste of meat. We used curry ketchup more than the ketchup and sprinkled some cajun seasoning on our fries (we like spice lol). Skipped the parfait.0 Helpful
Not a very interesting meal0 Helpful
Surprisingly delicious! Avocado toast was really good, the arugula, radish, and pepitas went with the avocado toast so well. The parfaits were good too! I would agree, it doesn't feel quite filling enough for a dinner, but definitely for a lunch.0 Helpful
We loved this! So colorful, and the perfect blend of flavors. Refreshing for a summer day.0 Helpful