Summer Vegetable and Bacon Scramble
with balsamic tomato and basil salsa
- Grilled vegetables (leftover from Tuesday) - 2 cups, finely chopped
- Eggs - 6
- Bacon - 6 strips
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Tomatoes - 12 oz, chopped
- Basil - 6 leaves, chopped
- Vinegar, balsamic - 2 tsp
- Oil, olive - 2 tsp
- Grilled vegetables - If leftover grilled vegetables from Tuesday are not already chopped, chop into bite-sized pieces. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Tomatoes / Basil - Finely chop tomatoes and basil. Combine with vinegar and oil (portion for salsa).
- Eggs - Whisk eggs.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat. Add bacon and cook on both sides until crisp. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- While bacon is cooking, heat a nonstick pan with oil (portion for scramble) over low-medium heat. Add eggs and scramble, stirring constantly, until cooked to your liking, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Gently stir vegetables into scrambled eggs until heated through. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Divide eggs between serving plates. Crumble bacon over top. Serve with salsa on the side and mix everything together as you eat. Enjoy!
Loved this twist on quesadilla and use of grilled veggies! It was hard to flip a whole double tortilla over without losing the insides, helped to fold one over and make a half quesadilla…0 Helpful
Leftovers were easy to reuse - had it for breakfast the next day and liked it just as much.0 Helpful
made it as italian nachos. Nice and fast with leftover veggies from the day before0 Helpful
Good & easy.0 Helpful
Strange filling for quesadillas, but you can't go wrong with cheese and tortillas. Salsa was really good.0 Helpful
Not mad at it. Definitely need larger tortillas size. For a vegetarian meal, it was good. Very seasonal. Don't sleep on the salsa side for this meal.0 Helpful