Italian-Style Vegetable Quesadillas
with balsamic tomato and basil salsa
- Corn, frozen or fresh - 1 cup
- Grilled vegetables (leftover from Tuesday) - 2 cups, finely chopped
- Beans, cannellini or white (14 oz / 397 g) - 1 can
- Cheese, shredded Italian blend - 8 oz
- Italian seasoning - 2 tsp
- Tortillas, taco-sized corn or flour - 12
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 1/2 cup
- Tomatoes - 12 oz, chopped
- Basil - 6 leaves, chopped
- Vinegar, balsamic - 2 tsp
- Oil, olive - 2 tsp
- Corn - If using frozen corn, defrost. If using fresh corn, slice kernels off cobs and heat in the microwave covered with a damp paper towel until tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Grilled vegetables - If leftover grilled vegetables from Tuesday are not already chopped, chop into bite-sized pieces. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Tomatoes / Basil - Finely chop tomatoes and basil. Combine with vinegar and oil.
- Beans - Drain and rinse.
- Combine corn, chopped vegetables, beans, cheese, and Italian seasoning.
- Heat a griddle or large skillet over medium heat. (Cook as many quesadillas at a time as your cooking surface will allow.) Place a tortilla on the heated surface. Fill it with vegetable / cheese mixture, spreading the filling out nearly to the edges. Top with another tortilla.
- Cook until the bottom tortilla is golden brown and then flip to cook on the other side.
- Transfer quesadillas to a cutting board and slice into wedges.
- Serve quesadillas with yogurt and salsa. Enjoy!
Loved this twist on quesadilla and use of grilled veggies! It was hard to flip a whole double tortilla over without losing the insides, helped to fold one over and make a half quesadilla…0 Helpful
Leftovers were easy to reuse - had it for breakfast the next day and liked it just as much.0 Helpful
made it as italian nachos. Nice and fast with leftover veggies from the day before0 Helpful
Good & easy.0 Helpful
Strange filling for quesadillas, but you can't go wrong with cheese and tortillas. Salsa was really good.0 Helpful
Not mad at it. Definitely need larger tortillas size. For a vegetarian meal, it was good. Very seasonal. Don't sleep on the salsa side for this meal.0 Helpful