Roasted Tilapia with Pineapple Salsa
with spinach salad
- Jalapenos - 1, diced
- Shallots - 1 clove, diced
- Pineapple, canned or fresh - 1 1/2 cups
- Lime juice - 2 tsp
- Tilapia - 4 filets
- Foil - for baking
- Butter - 3 Tbsp
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Garlic powder - 1/4 tsp
- Almond meal - 2/3 cup
- Limes - 1/2, wedges
- Cilantro - 2 Tbsp, chopped
- Tomatoes, medium - 1, chopped
- Avocados - 1, chopped
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 tsp
- Vinegar, red wine - 1 Tbsp
- Paprika - 1/4 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 3 Tbsp
- Spinach, baby - 5 oz
- Pepitas / pumpkin seeds - 1/4 cup
- Jalapenos / Shallots - Prep as directed and combine. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make pineapple salsa - If using canned pineapple, drain and rinse. If using fresh, chop. Combine with jalapenos, shallots, and lime juice. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Fish - Rinse and pat dry.
- Tomatoes / Avocados - Prep as directed.
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C degrees.
- Line a sheet pan with foil and brush with some oil. Spread fish out in a single layer.
- Melt butter and combine with salt, garlic powder, and almond meal. Gently press almond meal crust onto fish.
- Bake fish until cooked through, 9 to 11 minutes.
- While fish is baking, in a large mixing bowl whisk together mustard, vinegar, and paprika. Add oil while whisking. Top vinaigrette with tomatoes, avocados, spinach, and pepitas. Wait to toss until right before serving.
- Slice limes into wedges and chop cilantro.
- Serve fish with pineapple salsa and cilantro on top and lime wedges on the side. Enjoy with salad.
*Vegetarian/gluten free review* Great meal, enjoyed by all. Be sure to adjust the spice level of the yogurt sauce for those dining with you - it sits at about a 3+ on a scale of 5 as directed. Also be aware of how fast the hearts of palm cool once removed from the oven. Serve quickly! Made this once before, it was ok. This time is was sure to remove the soft parts of the palm before breading and baking and it made a WORLD of difference. I've been instructed to make this particular meal once a week now. Thank you Cook Smarts!!!!0 Helpful
This was great. The salad could have been a little more flavorful. I would try more vinegar or balsamic instead next time.0 Helpful
I loved this!0 Helpful
added more taco fixings (avocado, cilantro) which really helped, liked the texture of the hearts of palm0 Helpful
Thought the whole thing was pretty bland. Yogurt dressing helped, but the slaw and fish could have been more flavorful. Salad was ok, but a little too heavy on the mustard flavor for my taste. I love fish tacos, and several other online recipes I've tried were better than this. Best thing about it is that it was fast and easy to make and pretty healthy.0 Helpful
Solid. Breaded fish very tasty!0 Helpful