Sriracha Ramen Salad
with chicken / carrots / green beans
- Brown sugar - 2 tsp
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 3 Tbsp
- Vinegar, rice - 3 Tbsp
- Oil, toasted sesame - 1 Tbsp
- Oil, cooking - 6 Tbsp
- Miso paste, any color - 2 tsp
- Sriracha - 1 tsp (sub any hot sauce)
- Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless - 1 lb
- Carrots - 6 oz, shredded (look for pre-shredded)
- Green beans, fresh or frozen - 10 oz, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- Noodles, uncooked ramen - 6 oz (sub Udon noodles or spaghetti)
- Green onions - 2 stalks, chopped, white and green parts combined
- Lime juice - 2 tsp
- Make marinade - Whisk together brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, toasted sesame oil, cooking oil, miso, and Sriracha.
- Chicken - Halve chicken and cover in half the marinade. Tenderize with a fork. Marinate for at least 30 minutes and up to 1 day. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead)
- Carrots / Green beans - Prep as directed. If using frozen green beans, defrost. If using fresh green beans, place green beans in a microwave-safe container, cover with a wet paper towel, and microwave for 2 to 3 minutes, until tender but still crunchy. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Cook ramen - Bring a saucepan of water to boil. Salt generously and add ramen or other noodles (discard any seasoning packets that came with the ramen). Cook according to package instructions. Drain. Use scissors to snip up ramen into shorter more bite-sized pieces. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Green onions - Chop green onions. Combine green and white parts. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Discard marinade and season chicken with some salt and pepper.
- If making chicken on the grill: Preheat grill to 500 degrees, keeping one part on higher heat and another part on lower heat. Clean grates and brush with some oil. Add chicken to higher heat. Sear on each side for ~3 minutes (keeping cover closed). Move to lower heat and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes (or until chicken is cooked through) with cover closed.
- If making chicken on the stovetop: Heat a grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Brush with some oil. Add chicken to hot grill pan and sear for ~3 minutes on both sides. Lower heat and then cover with a lid or foil, cooking for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Slice chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Toss second half of marinade with ramen, carrots, green beans, green onions (green and white parts), and chopped chicken. Finish with lime juice. Season to taste with some salt and pepper. Add some more Sriracha if you'd like.
Very tasty and an excellent leftover that could be eaten cold or warmed up for lunch.0 Helpful
My family was skeptical, but we all loved this recipe! I had no miso on hand, so I replaced it with fish sauce which worked perfectly.0 Helpful
One of our all-time favourites. We'll make this again and again!0 Helpful
Nice, easy summer salad.0 Helpful
Pretty good and easy to make which is a plus!0 Helpful