Shrimp Currywith tomato / spinach / cauliflower rice
- Cauliflower florets - 12 oz
- Butter - 1 Tbsp
- Shrimp, peeled and deveined - 1 1/2 lbs
- Onions, medium and red - 1/2, diced
- Garlic - 4 cloves, chopped
- Ginger - 2 tsp, grated
- Jalapenos - 1, diced
- Oil, cooking - 2 Tbsp
- Tomatoes, diced (28 oz / 794 g) - 1 can
- Curry powder, mild - 1 Tbsp
- Spinach, baby - 2 cups
- Cilantro leaves - 1/4 cup, chopped
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Cauliflower rice - Pulse florets in a food processor until broken up into ‘rice’-sized bits. Cook rice in one of two ways: 1) Microwave for 4 to 5 minutes and then fold in butter. Season with some salt and pepper; or 2) Heat a pan over medium-high heat and add butter. Saute cauliflower in heated butter for ~5 minutes, until tender but still crunchy. Season to taste with some salt and pepper. Watch this video for the full how-to on cauliflower rice. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Shrimp - Defrost, rinse, and dry.
- Onions / Garlic / Ginger / Jalapenos - Prep as directed and combine. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat. Add oil and then onions, garlic, ginger, and jalapeno to heated oil with a pinch of salt. Saute until softened, ~3 minutes.
- Add in tomatoes (including liquid) and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes until sauce reduces slightly.
- Stir in curry powder and spinach leaves. Saute until spinach is wilted, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add shrimp and simmer until shrimp is cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes.
- While curry simmers, chop cilantro.
- Reheat cauliflower rice if made ahead.
- Stir lemon juice into curry and season to taste with some salt and pepper or more curry powder. Garnish with cilantro, and enjoy over cauliflower rice!
Very full of flavor! Make this. Its a keeper!0 Helpful
This was ok, and made a lot so good for leftovers. I made it with tofu, not paneer. A little dry for my liking but good flavors, especially with some butter at the time of serving.0 Helpful
Not enough flavor.0 Helpful
This was great! I replaced the diced tomatoes with 2/3 cup tomato sauce & a small can coconut cream. Added some red curry paste, too. My bf loved the paneer, which was new for him.0 Helpful
We used tofu instead of paneer but everything was delicious!0 Helpful
This didn't have as much flavor as I hoped, but it still rated 3 stars for me because paneer makes everything better! I actually think this would have been fine without the chicken, which is rare for me! Leftovers reheated well for work lunches too.0 Helpful