- White fish fillets (4 to 6 oz) - 4 ((Cod, halibut, tilapia, ono would all work. I used ono because that's what was in my freezer already))
- Garlic - 3 cloves, minced
- Onion - 1, chopped
- Red peppers - 2, chopped
- Kalamata olives - 4 oz, sliced ((olives soaked in water or fresh from the deli will be less salty))
- Cooking oil - 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp
- Ghee - 1 Tbsp
- Diced tomatoes (14 oz / 397 g can) - 1 can ((sub 4 fresh roma tomatoes chopped))
- Maple syrup - 1/2 tsp
- Extra virgin olive oil - 2 Tbsp
- Lemons - 1/2, wedges
- Cauliflower - 1 head, pulsed in a food processor
- Ghee - 1 Tbsp
- Chicken stock - 1 1/2 cups
- Fish - Rinse and dry fish. Salt & pepper.
- Garlic / Onions / Red Peppers / Olives - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Cauliflower rice - Chop cauliflower and then food process until it's in rice-sized pieces. Heat a saute pan over medium high heat. Add ghee and then cauliflower bits with some salt. Saute for ~1 minute and then add stock. Cook, stirring until absorbed, ~5 minutes. Season to taste with salt & pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Heat a non-stick skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 tbs. (15 ml) cooking oil with 1 tbs. (15 ml) ghee. Once melted and heated, add fish fillets, and then give your pan a shake. Let the fillets settle and get a golden sear, ~2 minutes, before flipping. Sear on the other side for ~2 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add another tbs. of cooking oil to the pan and then the garlic. Once you can smell the garlic, add the onions with a dash of salt. Saute until softened, ~3 minutes.
- Next add in tomatoes, red peppers, and maple syrup with another dash of salt. Cook for another 5 minutes. Season vegetables to taste with salt, pepper, or a sweetener.
- Add in olives and nestle fish back into the sauce. Cook until fish is done, ~3 minutes per half inch of fish. Season vegetables to taste with salt, pepper, or a sweetener.
- Serve fish on top of vegetables. Drizzle fish fillets with extra-virgin olive oil and serve with lemon wedges side of cauliflower quinoa.
I enjoyed this, other than the quinoa.0 Helpful
Need to top with feta cheese next time.0 Helpful
Used Mahi Mahi for the fish - Fozen from Trader Joe's. Delish.0 Helpful
Needed more flavor0 Helpful
We liked this a lot, but aren't rushing to make it again.0 Helpful
We didn't like this at all, unfortunately :(0 Helpful