with tomatoes, peppers, and olives over quinoa
- White fish fillets (4 to 6 oz) - 4 ((Cod, halibut, tilapia, ono would all work. I used ono because that's what was in my freezer already))
- Garlic - 3 cloves, minced
- Onion - 1, chopped
- Red peppers - 2, chopped
- Kalamata olives - 4 oz, sliced ((olives soaked in water or fresh from the deli will be less salty))
- Cooking oil - 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp
- Butter - 1 Tbsp
- Diced tomatoes (14 oz / 397 g can) - 1 can ((sub 4 fresh roma tomatoes chopped))
- Sugar - 1/2 tsp
- Extra virgin olive oil - 2 Tbsp
- Lemons - 1/2, wedges
- Quinoa - 1 1/2 cups, uncooked
- Fish - Rinse and dry fish. Salt & pepper.
- Garlic / Onions / Red Peppers / Olives - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Quinoa - Combine quinoa with water (or stock) using a 2:1 water to dried quinoa ratio. Add in a generous dash of salt. Bring to a boil covered. Lower heat, keep covered, and cook until liquid is absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Heat a non-stick skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 tbs. (15 ml) cooking oil with 1 tbs. (14.8ml) butter. Once melted and heated, add fish fillets, and then give your pan a shake. Let the fillets settle and get a golden sear, ~2 minutes, before flipping. Sear on the other side for ~2 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add another tbs. of cooking oil to the pan and then the garlic. Once you can smell the garlic, add the onions with a dash of salt. Saute until softened, ~3 minutes.
- Next add in tomatoes, red peppers, and sugar with another dash of salt. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add in olives and nestle fish back into the sauce. Cook until fish is done, ~3 minutes per half inch of fish. Season vegetables to taste with salt, pepper, or a sweetener.
- Serve fish on top of vegetables. Drizzle fish fillets with extra-virgin olive oil and serve with lemon wedges and quinoa.
I enjoyed this, other than the quinoa.0 Helpful
Need to top with feta cheese next time.0 Helpful
Used Mahi Mahi for the fish - Fozen from Trader Joe's. Delish.0 Helpful
Needed more flavor0 Helpful
We liked this a lot, but aren't rushing to make it again.0 Helpful
We didn't like this at all, unfortunately :(0 Helpful