Avocado and Tomato Melts
and green salad with radishes and snap peas
Avocado and Tomato Melts:
- Avocados - 1 , sliced
- Tomatoes, medium - 1 , sliced
- Bread, sandwich - 4 slices
- Mayonnaise - 1 Tbsp
- Cheese, sharp cheddar - 4 slices (sub any sliced cheese)
Green Salad with Radishes and Snap Peas:
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Lemon zest - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, olive - 3 Tbsp
- Snap peas, fresh or frozen - 10 oz
- Radishes - 5 , halved and sliced
- Mixed greens - 5 oz
- Make vinaigrette - Whisk together lemon juice, mustard, honey, and lemon zest. Add oil while whisking. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Snap peas - If using frozen snap peas, defrost. If using fresh snap peas, place in a microwave-safe bowl with 1 Tbsp / 15 mL of water (for 4 servings; adjust if customizing). Microwave on high until peas are tender but still bright green, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Radishes - Halve and thinly slice.
- Avocados / Tomatoes - Prep as directed.
- Turn on the oven’s broiler (use the low setting if available). Place an oven rack at least 6” / 15 cm from the heat source.
- Place bread in a single layer on a sheet pan.
- Slide pan under broiler until bread is lightly toasted, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Spread toasted bread with mayonnaise. Top with tomato, avocado, and cheese slices. Slide pan back under the broiler and continue toasting until cheese is melted, 3 to 4 minutes more.
- Just before serving, combine snap peas, radishes, and mixed greens in a large mixing bowl. Add vinaigrette until dressed to your liking. Toss everything to combine. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Serve avocado and tomato melts with salad on the side. Enjoy!