with greens / radishes / asparagus
- Celery - 1 stalk , diced
- Shallots - 1 clove , diced
- Pickles, any type (opt) - 1 Tbsp , diced
- Tuna, in water (5 oz / 142 g) - 2 cans , drained
- Lemon juice - 1/2 tsp
Green Salad with Radishes and Asparagus:
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Lemon zest - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, olive - 3 Tbsp
- Asparagus - 10 oz , 1" / 2.5 cm pieces
- Radishes - 5 , halved and sliced
- Mixed greens - 5 oz
- Almonds, sliced - 1/4 cup
- Celery / Shallots / Pickles - Prep as directed and combine. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make vinaigrette - Whisk together lemon juice (portion for vinaigrette), mustard, honey, and lemon zest. Add oil while whisking. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make tuna salad - Combine celery, shallots, pickles, tuna, and lemon juice (portion for tuna). Taste and season with some salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Asparagus - Chop into 1” / 2.5 cm pieces. Place in a microwave-safe bowl with 1 Tbsp / 15 mL of water (for 4 servings; adjust if customizing). Microwave on high until asparagus is tender and bright green but still has a bit of crunch, 2 to 4 minutes (depending on thickness). Season with a pinch of salt.
- Radishes - Halve and thinly slice.
- Divide greens between serving plates or bowls. Top with asparagus, radishes, and almonds.
- Use a large spoon or ice cream scoop to put a spoonful of tuna salad on top of greens.
- Drizzle each salad with vinaigrette until dressed to your liking. Enjoy!