Rotisserie Chicken Cobb Salad
with ranch dressing
We went classic with this Cobb Salad right down to a lighter ranch-inspired dressing. Store-bought rotisserie chicken means you don't even have to turn the oven on for the protein in this version.
Smarts: A little extra work for tonight's meal will set you up for later in the week. Shred chicken and make ranch dressing tonight and set aside half of each to use on Thursday.
- Eggs - 4
- Rotisserie chicken - 1/2 , meat shredded
- Tomatoes, cherry or grape - 1 cup, halved
- Lettuce, romaine - 8 oz, chopped (sub green leaf or iceberg)
- Avocados - 1, cubed
- Cheese, blue or gorgonzola - 4 oz, crumbled (sub shredded cheddar or any other preferred cheese)
- Carrots - 5 oz, shredded (look for pre-shredded)
- Cilantro leaves - 1 Tbsp, finely chopped
- Chives (opt) - 1 Tbsp, finely chopped
- Mayonnaise - 2 Tbsp
- Vinegar, white wine - 1 tsp
- Sour cream - 1/4 cup (sub plain or Greek yogurt)
- Dill, dried (opt) - 1/2 tsp
- Garlic powder - 1/4 tsp
- Boil eggs - Cover eggs with cold water and some salt. Bring to a boil and then turn off heat. Let eggs sit in hot water for 11 minutes and then run in cold water for easier peeling. Roll egg against a hard, flat surface to break up shell and then peel. If making ahead of time, peel right before serving. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make ranch dressing - Double if making Thursday’s meal. Finely chop cilantro and chives. Combine cilantro, chives, mayonnaise, vinegar, sour cream, dried dill, and garlic powder. Add a splash of water or milk if the dressing is too thick. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Rotisserie chicken - Take meat off the bone and shred with a knife. If making Thursday night’s meal, shred chicken for that night as well and set it aside. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Tomatoes / Lettuce - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Peel and chop eggs. Chop avocados. Crumble cheese.
- If you’d like the chicken warm, heat it in the microwave.
- Form a bed of lettuce and layer all other ingredients on top - chicken, eggs, avocado, cheese, carrots, and tomatoes. Let everyone dress their own salad (reserve half the dressing if doubled for Thursday). Enjoy!
Great, easy salad! We used store-bought ranch & french dressing and shredded cheddar cheese.0 Helpful
Easy the covert to lunches for week- doubled dressing recipe0 Helpful
Loved this recipe, going to save the ranch dressing recipe, it was so good.0 Helpful
absolutely love this recipe. we used feta cheese instead of blue/gorgonzola for cost reasons. i normally hate cherry tomatoes but i ate every single thing on plate!0 Helpful
Used dressing from earlier in the week. Don’t like cilantro.0 Helpful
Would be nice to have an amount of chicken and back up cooking option for times when no rotisserie chicken is available. Doubled ranch for week and used it all for one night. Used extra yogurt instead of sour cream and mayo, so happy to have a decent ranch dressing recipe!0 Helpful