Pork Fajita Saute
and spinach salad with avocados
- Bell peppers, any color - 1, sliced
- Onions, medium - 1, sliced
- Cumin - 1 tsp
- Chili powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander, ground - 1 tsp
- Oregano, dried - 1/2 tsp
- Pork chops, boneless - 1 lb, sliced
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Tomato paste - 2 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Shallots - 1 clove, diced
- Oranges - 2, segmented
- Avocados - 1, chopped
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 1 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 tsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Paprika - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, olive - 3 Tbsp
- Spinach, baby - 5 oz
- Bell peppers / Onions / Shallots - Prep as directed. Combine bell peppers and onions. Store shallots separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make spice mix - Combine cumin, chili powder, ground coriander, and oregano. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Pork - Thinly slice pork. Tenderize and toss with spice mix. Season with some salt and pepper. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Oranges / Avocados - Prep as directed.
- In a large bowl, whisk together shallots, vinegar, mustard, honey, and paprika. Add olive oil while whisking. Top vinaigrette with spinach, oranges, and avocados. Wait to toss salad until right before serving.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil and then pork. Saute until pork is browned on the outside but not cooked through, ~2 minutes.
- Add bell peppers, onions, and tomato paste. Saute until pork is cooked through and onions and peppers are tender, 3 to 5 minutes more.
- Add lemon juice and season with some salt and pepper.
- Toss salad. Serve fajita saute with salad on the side. Enjoy!
Really easy, one pan meal. Left out the rice and added shredded carrots in the end for some crunch.0 Helpful
These were ok. The 2 year old, husband, and in-laws liked them, but I thought they could’ve been better.0 Helpful
Really enjoyed this one, though I think I'd make a marinade for the tofu next time to give it a bit more flavor, and maybe toss some jalapenos in with the beans and corn. Like some other people, I ended up just eating mine as a burrito bowl and skipping the tortillas, since gluten free tortillas are usually a little too crumbly to properly wrap a burrito.0 Helpful
I subbed chicken instead of tofu since I'm not a fan of the consistency. These were real easy and quite filling. Also really great reheated for work the next day.0 Helpful
Skipped the tortilla and just did this as a burrito bowl. Crumbled the tofu.0 Helpful
Made this with soyrizo instead of pork. Quite tasty; didn't need the extra spices with the soyrizo spices.0 Helpful