Pork Fajita Saute
and spinach salad with avocados
An easy mix of spices adds big flavor to this quick fajita-inspired saute. Serve the saute with a fresh green salad on the side.
Pork Fajita Saute:
- Bell peppers, any color - 1 , sliced
- Onions, medium - 1 , sliced
- Cumin - 1 tsp
- Chili powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander, ground - 1 tsp
- Oregano, dried - 1/2 tsp
- Pork chops, boneless - 1 lb , sliced
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Tomato paste - 2 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
Spinach Salad with Avocados and Citrus:
- Shallots - 1 clove , diced
- Oranges - 2 , segmented
- Avocados - 1 , chopped
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 1 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 tsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Paprika - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, olive - 3 Tbsp
- Spinach, baby - 5 oz
- Bell peppers / Onions / Shallots - Prep as directed. Combine bell peppers and onions. Store shallots separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make spice mix - Combine cumin, chili powder, ground coriander, and oregano. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Pork - Thinly slice pork. Tenderize and toss with spice mix. Season with some salt and pepper. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Oranges / Avocados - Prep as directed.
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- In a large bowl, whisk together shallots, vinegar, mustard, honey, and paprika. Add olive oil while whisking. Top vinaigrette with spinach, oranges, and avocados. Wait to toss salad until right before serving.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil and then pork. Saute until pork is browned on the outside but not cooked through, ~2 minutes.
- Add bell peppers, onions, and tomato paste. Saute until pork is cooked through and onions and peppers are tender, 3 to 5 minutes more.
- Add lemon juice and season with some salt and pepper.
- Toss salad. Serve fajita saute with salad on the side. Enjoy!