Cajun Andouille Sausage Penne
with bell peppers / zucchini
- Bell peppers, red - 1, diced
- Bell peppers, green - 1, diced
- Zucchini - 8 oz, chopped
- Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- Sausage, andouille (cooked or smoked) - 12 oz, sliced (sub any pre-cooked or smoked sausage)
- Cilantro leaves - 1/4 cup, chopped
- Pasta, penne - 8 oz
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Tomato paste - 4 Tbsp
- Cajun seasoning - 2 tsp
- Oregano, dried - 1 tsp
- Stock, any type - 1/2 cup
- Tomatoes, diced and preferably fire-roasted (14 oz / 397 g) - 1 can
- Cheese, cotija - 3 oz, crumbled
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add oil and then sausage. Saute until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add bell peppers and zucchini. Saute until tender, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add garlic, tomato paste, Cajun seasoning, and oregano. Saute for 2 more minutes.
- Pour stock over top and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in diced tomatoes (including liquid) and pasta. Cook until everything is warmed through. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Serve pasta with cilantro and crumbled cotija over top. Enjoy!
Really good! Doubled seasonings and meat and it was a little salty but would make again!0 Helpful
So good. Great flavor and easy to make. A new favorite.0 Helpful
Delicious! Skipped cheese.0 Helpful
Yummy, and quick to make!0 Helpful
sauce came together very quickly, used a 16 oz jar of diced tomatoes, skipped the cheese and cilantro, liked the spice.0 Helpful
I didn’t like the flavors, and it took too long to make for a somewhat unimpressive pasta dish.0 Helpful