Leftover Pulled Pork Pizza
with pineapple / romaine salad
Topped with leftover pulled pork, pineapple, and jalapenos, this is no ordinary pizza. We think you'll love the unexpected combination of sweet and spicy combined with the savory pork.
- Pizza dough - 1 lb
- Flour, all-purpose - 2 Tbsp
- Cheese, mozzarella - 8 oz , shredded, thinly sliced if using fresh
- Green onions - 1 stalk , chopped, green and white parts combined
- Jalapenos - 1 , sliced
- Pineapple, fresh or canned - 1 cup , diced
- Hawaiian Pulled Pork (leftover from Monday) - ~1 cup
- Red pepper flakes (opt) - for serving
- Onions, red and medium - 1/2 , diced
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Tomatoes, crushed (14 oz / 397 g) - 1 can
- Tomato paste - 2 Tbsp
- Lettuce, romaine - 6 oz , chopped
- Cucumbers - 8 oz , chopped
- Vinegar, apple cider - 2 Tbsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 tsp
- Oil, olive - 3 Tbsp
Pizza dough - Cover in flour and let rest for at least 30 minutes before rolling out. (Resting dough gives gluten time to chill out, which makes the dough much more pliable.)
Onions / Cheese / Green onions / Jalapenos - Prep as directed. Store green and white parts of green onions together and all other ingredients separately. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
Make pizza sauce - Heat cooking oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and saute until soft, 3 to 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and tomato paste. Simmer for 3 minutes. Taste and add some salt if needed. You can add a pinch of sugar if you'd like your sauce a bit sweeter. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Pineapple - If using fresh pineapple, chop. If using canned pineapple, drain. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
Lettuce / Cucumbers - Prep as directed and combine. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
Heat oven to 425F / 218C degrees and position top rack so it’s at the very top.
Bake dough on top rack for 3 minutes without toppings to let it crisp up.
Spread the pizza sauce over dough, and top with cheese, pineapple, jalapenos, pulled pork, and green onions (green and white parts).
Bake pizza on the top rack for 8 to 11 minutes, until cheese is bubbly.
While pizza is baking, whisk together vinegar, honey, mustard, and olive oil. Toss with lettuce and cucumbers right before serving.
Slice pizza and top with red pepper flakes if you’d like. Enjoy with salad on the side!