Za’atar Vegetable and Couscous Bowls
with chickpeas / herb yogurt sauce
- Carrots - 1 lb, sliced
- Cauliflower - 1 lb, florets
- Mushrooms, any button - 8 oz, halved
- Beans, garbanzo (14 oz / 387 g) - 1 can, drained and rinsed
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Za'atar - 1 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Couscous, cooked (leftover from Monday) - 2 1/2 cups
- Parsley, curly-leaf - 1 Tbsp, chopped
- Yogurt, Greek or plain - 1/2 cup
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Make sauce - Double if making Wednesday’s meal. Chop parsley. Combine parsley with yogurt, lemon juice, and mustard. Season with some salt. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Carrots / Cauliflower - Prep as directed and combine. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Mushrooms - Slice mushrooms. (If using small mushrooms, there’s no need to slice them in half before cooking). (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Beans - Drain and rinse.
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C.
- Toss carrots, cauliflower, and mushrooms with olive oil, za’atar, and salt. Spread out on a sheet pan. Roast, shaking the pan halfway through cooking, until vegetables are tender, 35 to 40 minutes.
- When vegetables have about 10 minutes left to roast, add beans and toss everything to combine. Return pan to oven.
- Heat leftover couscous in the microwave. Add a splash of stock or water (not in ingredients list) if it seems dry.
- Serve vegetables over couscous with sauce on top. Enjoy!
So easy and fast to prepare0 Helpful
The fish was so good. I loved this meal!0 Helpful
Loved this, though I added quite a bit of salt and pepper, and ate double the amount of fish.0 Helpful
Sauce was good all-purpose sauce. Not sure if the za'atar added much to the roasted veggies. Seemed like we should have marinated the garbanzo beans? overall pretty basic but good.0 Helpful
I really liked the carrots and chick peas. The fish needed more flavor.0 Helpful
Really enjoyed this, the sauce was great with the flavors!0 Helpful