Za’atar and Sesame Crusted Tilapia
with cumin roasted carrots and cauliflower
Smarts: Za’atar already contains sesame seeds, but add extra to form a nice crisp and flavorful crust on the tilapia.
- Parsley, curly-leaf - 1 Tbsp, chopped
- Butter - 3 Tbsp
- Za'atar - 1 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Sesame seeds, white - 2 Tbsp
- Foil - for cooking
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Tilapia - 1 lb (sub any white fish)
- Carrots - 1 lb, sliced
- Cauliflower - 1 lb, florets
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Cumin, ground - 1/2 tsp
- Paprika - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C.
- Toss carrots and cauliflower with olive oil, cumin, paprika, and salt. Spread out on a sheet pan. Roast, shaking the pan halfway through cooking, until carrots are tender, 35 to 40 minutes.
- When vegetables have about 12 minutes left to roast, line a second sheet pan with foil and brush with cooking oil. Rinse and dry tilapia and place on sheet pan. Season lightly with some salt and pepper. Spoon crust on top. Bake tilapia until cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Serve tilapia with vegetables on the side. Enjoy!
So easy and fast to prepare0 Helpful
The fish was so good. I loved this meal!0 Helpful
Loved this, though I added quite a bit of salt and pepper, and ate double the amount of fish.0 Helpful
Sauce was good all-purpose sauce. Not sure if the za'atar added much to the roasted veggies. Seemed like we should have marinated the garbanzo beans? overall pretty basic but good.0 Helpful
I really liked the carrots and chick peas. The fish needed more flavor.0 Helpful
Really enjoyed this, the sauce was great with the flavors!0 Helpful