Za’atar and Panko Crusted Tilapiawith cumin roasted carrots / chickpeas / couscous
Panko crusted fish always gets great reviews from our community members' kitchens. This version is different than those we've featured in the past, using light tilapia as a base and the unique spice from za'atar in the crust.
- Parsley, curly-leaf - 1 Tbsp, chopped
- Butter - 3 Tbsp
- Za'atar - 1 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Panko breadcrumbs - 1/2 cup
- Foil - for cooking
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Tilapia - 1 lb (sub any white fish)
- Couscous, cooked (leftover from Monday) - 2 1/2 cups
- Carrots - 1 lb, sliced
- Beans, garbanzo (14 oz / 387 g) - 1 can, drained and rinsed
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Cumin, ground - 1/2 tsp
- Paprika - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C.
- Toss carrots with olive oil, cumin, paprika, and salt. Spread out on a sheet pan. Roast, shaking the pan halfway through cooking, until carrots are tender, 35 to 40 minutes.
- When carrots have about 10 minutes left to roast, add beans and toss everything to combine. Return pan to oven.
- Line a second sheet pan with foil and brush with cooking oil. Rinse and dry tilapia and place on sheet pan. Season lightly with some salt and pepper. Spoon crust on top. Bake tilapia until cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Heat leftover couscous in the microwave. Add a splash of stock or water (not in ingredients list) if it seems dry.
- Serve tilapia over couscous with carrots and chickpeas on the side.
This meal has 26 reviews
So easy and fast to prepare
The fish was so good. I loved this meal!
Loved this, though I added quite a bit of salt and pepper, and ate double the amount of fish.
Sauce was good all-purpose sauce. Not sure if the za'atar added much to the roasted veggies. Seemed like we should have marinated the garbanzo beans? overall pretty basic but good.
I really liked the carrots and chick peas. The fish needed more flavor.
Really enjoyed this, the sauce was great with the flavors!