Za’atar and Panko Crusted Tilapia
with cumin roasted carrots / chickpeas / couscous
- Parsley, curly-leaf - 1 Tbsp, chopped
- Butter - 3 Tbsp
- Za'atar - 1 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Panko breadcrumbs - 1/2 cup
- Foil - for cooking
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Tilapia - 1 lb (sub any white fish)
- Couscous, cooked (leftover from Monday) - 2 1/2 cups
- Carrots - 1 lb, sliced
- Beans, garbanzo (14 oz / 387 g) - 1 can, drained and rinsed
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Cumin, ground - 1/2 tsp
- Paprika - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C.
- Toss carrots with olive oil, cumin, paprika, and salt. Spread out on a sheet pan. Roast, shaking the pan halfway through cooking, until carrots are tender, 35 to 40 minutes.
- When carrots have about 10 minutes left to roast, add beans and toss everything to combine. Return pan to oven.
- Line a second sheet pan with foil and brush with cooking oil. Rinse and dry tilapia and place on sheet pan. Season lightly with some salt and pepper. Spoon crust on top. Bake tilapia until cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Heat leftover couscous in the microwave. Add a splash of stock or water (not in ingredients list) if it seems dry.
- Serve tilapia over couscous with carrots and chickpeas on the side.
So easy and fast to prepare0 Helpful
The fish was so good. I loved this meal!0 Helpful
Loved this, though I added quite a bit of salt and pepper, and ate double the amount of fish.0 Helpful
Sauce was good all-purpose sauce. Not sure if the za'atar added much to the roasted veggies. Seemed like we should have marinated the garbanzo beans? overall pretty basic but good.0 Helpful
I really liked the carrots and chick peas. The fish needed more flavor.0 Helpful
Really enjoyed this, the sauce was great with the flavors!0 Helpful