Honey Adobo Chopped Saladwith avocado / queso fresco / black beans / tortilla chips
- Vinegar, red wine - 2 1/2 Tbsp
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Adobo sauce - 2 tsp (from a can of chipotle peppers in adobo)
- Paprika, smoked - 1/2 tsp
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 1 Tbsp
- Oil, cooking - 3 Tbsp
- Lettuce, romaine - 8 oz, chopped
- Cucumbers - 8 oz, diced
- Cilantro leaves - 1/4 cup, chopped
- Avocados - 1, cubed
- Limes - 1/2, wedges
- Corn kernels, frozen or canned - 1 cup
- Beans, black (14 oz / 397 g) - 1 can, drained and rinsed
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Tortilla chips - 20, crumbled
- Cheese, queso fresco - 4 oz, crumbled (sub Mexican Blend)
- Make Adobo dressing - Whisk together vinegar, honey, adobo sauce, paprika, and yogurt. Add oil (portion for marinade) while whisking. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Lettuce / Cucumbers / Cilantro / Avocados / Limes - Prep as directed.
- Corn - If using frozen, defrost. If using canned, drain and rinse.
- Beans - Drain and rinse.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add oil (for salad). Add corn and beans and saute until heated through, ~2 minutes. Add 1 Tbsp / 15mL (for 4 servings; adjust if customizing) of dressing and saute for 1 minute more.
- Make salad by combining lettuce, cucumbers, cilantro, and avocados. Crumble tortilla chips into salad. Add dressing and toss until dressed to your liking.
- Top salad with corn / black beans and cheese. Serve with lime wedges on the side. Enjoy!
This meal has 37 reviews
This salad is excellent. It's easy, healthy and tastes so good. Will definitely make again.
made extra dressing, skipped the yogurt, added tomatoes, forgot the avo/cilantro but it was still really good. great light spring meal
I made the dressing with sour cream, and added about double (triple?) the amount called for so that it would be thick and creamy. Everything was delicious!! Perfect work lunch.
Made twice as much dressing as called for. Agree with others that things could be added to make it more flavorful, but overall I still enjoyed it. Added tomatoes.
Really liked this and ate two servings in one go. Whoops! Bf said we should serve it over a fried tortilla and call it a taco salad.