Honey Adobo Chopped Salad
with avocado / queso fresco / black beans / tortilla chips
- Vinegar, red wine - 2 1/2 Tbsp
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Adobo sauce - 2 tsp (from a can of chipotle peppers in adobo)
- Paprika, smoked - 1/2 tsp
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 1 Tbsp
- Oil, cooking - 3 Tbsp
- Lettuce, romaine - 8 oz , chopped
- Cucumbers - 8 oz , diced
- Cilantro leaves - 1/4 cup , chopped
- Avocados - 1 , cubed
- Limes - 1/2 , wedges
- Corn kernels, frozen or canned - 1 cup
- Beans, black (14 oz / 397 g) - 1 can , drained and rinsed
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Tortilla chips - 20 , crumbled
- Cheese, queso fresco - 4 oz , crumbled (sub Mexican Blend)
Make Adobo dressing - Whisk together vinegar, honey, adobo sauce, paprika, and yogurt. Add oil (portion for marinade) while whisking. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Corn - If using frozen, defrost. If using canned, drain and rinse.
Beans - Drain and rinse.
Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add oil (for salad). Add corn and beans and saute until heated through, ~2 minutes. Add 1 Tbsp / 15mL (for 4 servings; adjust if customizing) of dressing and saute for 1 minute more.
Make salad by combining lettuce, cucumbers, cilantro, and avocados. Crumble tortilla chips into salad. Add dressing and toss until dressed to your liking.
Top salad with corn / black beans and cheese. Serve with lime wedges on the side. Enjoy!