Honey Adobo Chopped Chicken Saladwith avocado / queso fresco / black beans
- Vinegar, red wine - 2 1/2 Tbsp
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Adobo sauce - 2 tsp (from a can of chipotle peppers in adobo)
- Paprika, smoked - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 3 Tbsp
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 1 Tbsp
- Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless - 1 lb, chopped
- Lettuce, romaine - 8 oz, chopped
- Cucumbers - 8 oz, diced
- Cilantro leaves - 1/4 cup, chopped
- Avocados - 1, cubed
- Limes - 1/2, wedges
- Corn kernels, frozen or canned - 1 cup
- Beans, black (14 oz / 397 g) - 1 can, drained and rinsed
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp
- Cheese, queso fresco - 4 oz, crumbled (sub Mexican Blend)
- Make Adobo marinade - Whisk together vinegar, honey, adobo sauce, and paprika. Add oil (portion for marinade) while whisking. (Wait to add yogurt.) (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Marinate chicken - Chop chicken into bite-sized pieces and tenderize with a fork. Combine with half the Adobo marinade (reserve the other half). Marinate for at least 20 minutes and up to a day. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Lettuce / Cucumbers / Cilantro / Avocados / Limes - Prep as directed.
- Corn - If using frozen, defrost. If using canned, drain and rinse.
- Beans - Drain and rinse.
- Whisk yogurt into remaining half of Adobo marinade.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add first portion of oil (for salad). Use a slotted spoon to remove chicken from marinade (discard marinade) and transfer to heated skillet. Saute until chicken is cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes. Season with some salt and pepper as it cooks.
- Set chicken aside and add second portion of cooking oil (for salad) to heated skillet. Add corn and beans and saute until heated through, ~2 minutes.
- Make salad by combining lettuce, cucumbers, cilantro, and avocados. Add dressing until dressed to your liking.
- Top salad with chicken, corn / black beans, and cheese. Serve with lime wedges on the side. Enjoy!
This meal has 37 reviews
This salad is excellent. It's easy, healthy and tastes so good. Will definitely make again.
made extra dressing, skipped the yogurt, added tomatoes, forgot the avo/cilantro but it was still really good. great light spring meal
I made the dressing with sour cream, and added about double (triple?) the amount called for so that it would be thick and creamy. Everything was delicious!! Perfect work lunch.
Made twice as much dressing as called for. Agree with others that things could be added to make it more flavorful, but overall I still enjoyed it. Added tomatoes.
Really liked this and ate two servings in one go. Whoops! Bf said we should serve it over a fried tortilla and call it a taco salad.