Sheet Pan Jamaican Tofu Triangles
with mango dipping sauce / farro
- Tofu, extra-firm - 16 oz, 1/2" / 1.3cm thick triangles (vacuum-packed preferable)
- Farro, uncooked - 3/4 cup
- Onions, medium - 1, chopped
- Zucchini - 1 lb, chopped
- Potatoes, baby or new - 1 lb, halved
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp
- Jerk seasoning - 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp (sub Cajun seasoning)
- Lime juice - 2 tsp
- Mangos, small - 1, peeled and sliced into large pieces
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 1/2 cup
- Sriracha (opt) - 1/2 tsp, use more or less depending on spice preference
- Lime juice - 1 tsp
- Ginger, dried (opt) - 1/4 tsp
- Tofu - Tofu - If tofu is packaged in water, press out liquid first, like in this video. Then slice into 1/2” / 1.3cm thick triangles. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Cook farro - (Skip if made ahead for Tuesday.) Bring a saucepan of water to boil (just like you would for boiling pasta). Give it a generous sprinkle of salt and add farro. If you bought semi-pearled or husked farro, it should take about 25 minutes to cook until al dente, tender but not soggy. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Onions / Zucchini - Prep as directed and combine. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make mango dipping sauce - Peel mangos and chop into large pieces. Combine with yogurt, Sriracha, lime juice, and dried ginger. Blend until smooth with an immersion blender or standing blender. Add a splash of water if needed to reach a thick but pourable consistency. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C.
- While oven heats, slice potatoes in half. Toss potatoes in first portion of oil and first portion of Jerk seasoning (if your Jerk seasoning does not include salt, add some salt). Spread out on a sheet pan.
- Roast potatoes for 25 minutes, shaking the pan halfway through, until potatoes are starting to turn tender.
- Gently toss onions, zucchini, and tofu in second portion of oil and second portion of Jerk seasoning (as noted above, if your Jerk seasoning does not include salt, add some salt).
- Remove sheet pan from oven. Top potatoes with onions, zucchini, and tofu.
- Return pan to oven and continue roasting until vegetables are tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Squeeze lime juice over top.
- If farro was made ahead, reheat in the microwave.
- Serve tofu and vegetables over farro. Serve mango dipping sauce on the side or drizzled over top. Enjoy!
The 6 serving version of this fit perfectly in my large silver sheet pain. This was an easy recipe, once things are chopped up. Not ideal for the kids, too spicy for them. It's REALLY GOOD. I think I could use almost any spice mix with this, and it will easy to do and taste amazing. 2nd time I made it I used brussel sprouts instead of zucchini.0 Helpful
I want to make the mango dipping sauce to use for lots of things!0 Helpful
Not my favorite, to dry. Really love jerk seasoning, so bit dissapointes0 Helpful
Pretty tasty!0 Helpful
Made one sheet pan with Italian seasoning instead of Cajun spice for 4 yo. Added fresh mango banana coconut water smoothie.0 Helpful
I didn't make the mango sauce in advance, because I was prepping this dish at the same time as another recipe that had a blended sauce, so my blender was dirty at the time. So I made the sauce while the potatoes were cooking. My boyfriend hates the squishy texture of zucchini so rather than chunks I sliced it very thinly and stored separately from the onion, and added it to the pan about 10 mins after adding the onion and chicken.0 Helpful