Sheet Pan Jamaican Tofu Triangles
with mango dipping sauce / farro
- Tofu, extra-firm - 16 oz , 1/2" / 1.3cm thick triangles (vacuum-packed preferable)
- Farro, uncooked - 3/4 cup
- Onions, medium - 1 , chopped
- Zucchini - 1 lb , chopped
- Potatoes, baby or new - 1 lb , halved
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp
- Jerk seasoning - 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp (sub Cajun seasoning)
- Lime juice - 2 tsp
- Mangos, small - 1 , peeled and sliced into large pieces
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 1/2 cup
- Sriracha (opt) - 1/2 tsp , use more or less depending on spice preference
- Lime juice - 1 tsp
- Ginger, dried (opt) - 1/4 tsp
Cook farro - (Skip if made ahead for Tuesday.) Bring a saucepan of water to boil (just like you would for boiling pasta). Give it a generous sprinkle of salt and add farro. If you bought semi-pearled or husked farro, it should take about 25 minutes to cook until al dente, tender but not soggy. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Make mango dipping sauce - Peel mangos and chop into large pieces. Combine with yogurt, Sriracha, lime juice, and dried ginger. Blend until smooth with an immersion blender or standing blender. Add a splash of water if needed to reach a thick but pourable consistency. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
Heat oven to 425F / 218C.
While oven heats, slice potatoes in half. Toss potatoes in first portion of oil and first portion of Jerk seasoning (if your Jerk seasoning does not include salt, add some salt). Spread out on a sheet pan.
Roast potatoes for 25 minutes, shaking the pan halfway through, until potatoes are starting to turn tender.
Gently toss onions, zucchini, and tofu in second portion of oil and second portion of Jerk seasoning (as noted above, if your Jerk seasoning does not include salt, add some salt).
Remove sheet pan from oven. Top potatoes with onions, zucchini, and tofu.
Return pan to oven and continue roasting until vegetables are tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Squeeze lime juice over top.
If farro was made ahead, reheat in the microwave.
Serve tofu and vegetables over farro. Serve mango dipping sauce on the side or drizzled over top. Enjoy!