Sheet Pan Jamaican Chicken Tenders and Vegetables
with mango dipping sauce / quinoa
- Quinoa, uncooked - 3/4 cup
- Stock, any type - 1 1/2 cups
- Onions, medium - 1 , chopped
- Zucchini - 1 lb , chopped
- Potatoes, baby or new - 1 lb , halved
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp
- Jerk seasoning - 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp (sub Cajun seasoning)
- Chicken breast tenders - 1 lb (sub chicken boneless and skinless breasts, sliced)
- Lime juice - 2 tsp
- Mangos, small - 1 , peeled and sliced into large pieces
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 1/2 cup
- Sriracha (opt) - 1/2 tsp , use more or less depending on spice preference
- Lime juice - 1 tsp
- Ginger, dried (opt) - 1/4 tsp
Cook quinoa - (Skip if made ahead for Tuesday.) Combine quinoa with stock in a saucepan. Add some salt. Bring to a boil covered. Lower heat, keep covered, and cook until liquid is absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Make mango dipping sauce - Peel mangos and chop into large pieces. Combine with yogurt, Sriracha, lime juice, and dried ginger. Blend until smooth with an immersion blender or standing blender. Add a splash of water if needed to reach a thick but pourable consistency. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
Heat oven to 425F / 218C.
While oven heats, slice potatoes in half. Toss potatoes in first portion of oil and first portion of Jerk seasoning (if your Jerk seasoning does not include salt, add some salt). Spread out on a sheet pan.
Roast potatoes for 25 minutes, shaking the pan halfway through, until potatoes are starting to turn tender.
Toss onions, zucchini, and chicken tenders in second portion of oil and second portion of Jerk seasoning (as noted above, if your Jerk seasoning does not include salt, add some salt).
Remove sheet pan from oven. Top potatoes with onions, zucchini, and chicken tenders.
Return pan to oven and continue roasting until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Squeeze lime juice over top.
If quinoa was made ahead, reheat in the microwave.
Serve chicken and vegetables over quinoa. Serve mango dipping sauce on the side or drizzled over top. Enjoy!