Sheet Pan Indian Chicken
with broccoli / apple chutney / cauliflower rice
Indian Curry Spice Mix:
- Garam masala - 2 tsp
- Curry powder, mild - 2 tsp
- Cumin, ground - 1 tsp
- Coriander, ground - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
Indian Chicken with Broccoli and Sweet Potatoes:
- Onions - 1 , chopped
- Sweet potatoes - 1 lb , cubed
- Broccoli - 10 oz , florets
- Ginger, fresh - 2 tsp , chopped
- Garlic - 3 cloves , chopped
- Limes - 1 , wedges
- Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless - 1 lb , halved
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Cauliflower rice, cooked (leftover from Wednesday) - ~1 1/2 cups
- Ginger, fresh - 2 tsp , diced
- Apples, any sweet variety - 2 , peeled and diced
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Red pepper flakes - 1/4 tsp
- Vinegar, apple cider - 2 Tbsp
- Make spice mix - Combine garam masala, curry powder, cumin, ground coriander, and salt. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Onions / Sweet potatoes / Broccoli / Ginger (for chicken and chutney) / Garlic - Prep as directed. Combine onions, sweet potatoes, and broccoli. Store ginger and garlic each in separate containers. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Limes - Slice into wedges. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Chicken - Slice chicken breasts in half. Season with half the Indian Curry Spice Mix (reserve other half) and tenderize with a fork. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Apples - Peel and dice apples.
- Heat oven to 450F / 232C.
- Toss onions, sweet potatoes, broccoli, and garlic with cooking oil (portion for the chicken), ginger, (portion for chicken) and then with remaining half of spice mix. Spread out on a sheet pan. Roast in the oven until potatoes are starting to soften slightly, 25 to 30 minutes, shaking the pan halfway through.
- While vegetables are roasting, heat a frying pan over medium heat. Add oil (portion for chutney) and then ginger (portion for chutney) and red pepper flakes. Saute until fragrant, ~1 minute. Add apples and vinegar and simmer until apples are soft, 5 to 7 minutes (add a splash of water if the pan starts to look dry). Set aside.
- Return to vegetables. When sweet potatoes are starting to soften, remove pan from oven. Place chicken on top of vegetables. Return pan to oven and continue cooking chicken and vegetables together until chicken is cooked through and vegetables turn tender. Chicken should be finished in 12 to 16 minutes.
- Reheat cauliflower rice in the microwave.
- Squeeze a couple of lime wedges over chicken and vegetables.
- Serve chicken and vegetables over cauliflower rice with apple chutney on top. Serve with lime wedges. Enjoy.