Thai Tofu Peanut Noodles
with red peppers / coleslaw mix
- Ginger, fresh - 2 tsp , grated
- Peanut butter - 4 Tbsp
- Water - 5 Tbsp
- Vinegar, rice - 2 Tbsp
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 1 Tbsp
- Lime juice - 1 Tbsp
- Sriracha - 1 Tbsp
- Brown sugar - 4 tsp
Thai Tofu Peanut Noodles:
- Tofu, extra-firm - 1 lb , cubed (vacuum-packed preferable)
- Bell peppers, red - 1 , sliced thinly
- Pasta, spaghetti or linguini - 6 oz
- Cilantro - 3 Tbsp , chopped
- Cornstarch - 2 Tbsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Coleslaw mix - 10 oz
- Tofu - If tofu is packed in water, press out liquid first. Then slice into 1/2” / 1.3 cm cubes. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Ginger / Bell peppers - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make peanut sauce - Combine peanut butter and water in a microwave-safe bowl or liquid measuring cup. Microwave for ~30 seconds. Stir in ginger, rice vinegar, soy sauce, lime juice, Sriracha, and brown sugar. Taste; if it’s too salty, add more water. If it’s too tart, add in more sugar. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Cook noodles - Bring a saucepan of water to boil. Salt generously and add pasta. Cook until al dente, tender but not soggy. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Cilantro - Chop cilantro.
- Toss tofu in cornstarch.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil and then tofu to heated oil with a sprinkle of salt and black pepper. Saute until golden and crispy-ish on the outside, ~5 minutes.
- Fold in peppers and coleslaw mix and saute for another 3 to 8 minutes, depending on how crunchy or soft you like your veggies.
- Add noodles, sauce, and cilantro and toss everything through. Taste and season with more salt, pepper, lime juice, and / or hot sauce. Enjoy!