Thai Chicken Peanut Noodles
with red peppers / coleslaw mix
- Ginger, fresh - 2 tsp, grated
- Peanut butter - 4 Tbsp
- Water - 5 Tbsp
- Vinegar, rice - 2 Tbsp
- Tamari - 1 Tbsp
- Lime juice - 1 Tbsp
- Sriracha - 1 Tbsp
- Brown sugar - 4 tsp
- Bell peppers, red - 1, sliced thinly
- Pasta, gluten-free spaghetti or linguini - 6 oz
- Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless - 1 lb, sliced into strips
- Garlic powder - 1 tsp
- Cilantro - 3 Tbsp, chopped
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Coleslaw mix - 10 oz
- Ginger / Bell peppers - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make peanut sauce - Combine peanut butter and water in a microwave-safe bowl or liquid measuring cup. Microwave for ~30 seconds. Stir in ginger, rice vinegar, Tamari, lime juice, Sriracha, and brown sugar. Taste; if it’s too salty, add more water. If it’s too tart, add in more sugar. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Cook noodles - Bring a saucepan of water to boil. Salt generously and add pasta. Cook until al dente, tender but not soggy. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Chicken - Slice into strips and then season with garlic powder and some salt and pepper. Tenderize with a fork. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Cilantro - Chop cilantro.
- Heat a wok or saute pan over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil and then chicken to heated oil. Saute until golden on the outside, ~5 minutes.
- Fold in peppers and coleslaw mix and saute for another 3 to 8 minutes, depending on how crunchy or soft you like your veggies.
- Add noodles, sauce, and cilantro and toss everything through. Taste and season with more salt, pepper, lime juice, and / or hot sauce. Enjoy!
This was fine, but I didn't enjoy it that much and will not make it again.0 Helpful
I was very excited about this, and the peanut sauce tasted great on its own, but then somehow was bland when I mixed everything together. I added quite a bit of sriracha and it helped.0 Helpful
I have another peanut noodle recipe I've used in the past that was more flavorful and better than this recipe0 Helpful
I think it would have benefited from using cashews instead of almonds and I stir fried the red peppers to soften them. I should have used some garlic as well, as I found the meal a bit bland.0 Helpful
Agree with other comments about cooking my coleslaw a little less, and adding crushed peanuts. That would have made this dish so amazing. Used soba noodles, worked wonderfully. Will be making again.0 Helpful
Delicious! Definitely season the chicken0 Helpful