Thai Chicken Peanut Noodles
with red peppers / coleslaw mix
These noodles were first on the menu in 2015, and they were an easy and versatile meal for all types of diners! The recipe is very forgiving, so feel free to mix up the vegetables and proteins you use.
- Ginger, fresh - 2 tsp , grated
- Peanut butter - 4 Tbsp
- Water - 5 Tbsp
- Vinegar, rice - 2 Tbsp
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 1 Tbsp
- Lime juice - 1 Tbsp
- Sriracha - 1 Tbsp
- Brown sugar - 4 tsp
Thai Chicken Peanut Noodles:
- Bell peppers, red - 1 , sliced thinly
- Pasta, spaghetti or linguini - 6 oz
- Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless - 1 lb , sliced into strips
- Garlic powder - 1 tsp
- Cilantro - 3 Tbsp , chopped
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Coleslaw mix - 10 oz
- Ginger / Bell peppers - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make peanut sauce - Combine peanut butter and water in a microwave-safe bowl or liquid measuring cup. Microwave for ~30 seconds. Stir in ginger, rice vinegar, soy sauce, lime juice, Sriracha, and brown sugar. Taste; if it’s too salty, add more water. If it’s too tart, add in more sugar. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Cook noodles - Bring a saucepan of water to boil. Salt generously and add pasta. Cook until al dente, tender but not soggy. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Chicken - Slice into strips and then season with garlic powder and some salt and pepper. Tenderize with a fork. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Cilantro - Chop cilantro.
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Heat a wok or saute pan over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil and then chicken to heated oil. Saute until golden on the outside, ~5 minutes.
- Fold in peppers and coleslaw mix and saute for another 3 to 8 minutes, depending on how crunchy or soft you like your veggies.
- Add noodles, sauce, and cilantro and toss everything through. Taste and season with more salt, pepper, lime juice, and / or hot sauce. Enjoy!