Sausage and Bell Pepper Saute
Smarts: Feel free to increase the spices if you'd like to give the dish even more flavor.
- Bell peppers, any color - 2, chopped
- Onions, medium red - 1, chopped
- Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- Sausage, Italian pre-cooked or smoked - 4 links, sliced
- Zucchini - 1 lb, cubed
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Italian seasoning - 1 tsp
- Cajun seasoning - 1 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Heat a skillet or wokover medium-high heat. Add oil and then sausage, peppers, onions, and zucchini.
- Saute until sausage is starting to brown and vegetables are tender, ~6 minutes.
- Add garlic, Italian seasoning, and Cajun seasoning and saute for 1 minute more.
- Serve sausage and vegetable saute with lemon juice squeezed over top. Enjoy!
This was really good. I used havarti cheese and I didn't make the zucchini side so I mixed cajun seasoning into the butter that was brushed on the bread instead because I like spice. They were delicious. I definitely will make these again.0 Helpful
Husband loved the meal. The Cajun zucchinis were good but too spicy for my toddler, and nearly me. I used cooked chicken sausage as that’s what I had. Overall I was very impressed with how quickly everything came together0 Helpful
this was good- better than expected.0 Helpful
Was very greasy0 Helpful
Quick. Tasty. Great for summer.0 Helpful
So so easy to make, and tasty!0 Helpful