Greek Salad with Chicken and Avocado
and creamy tahini dressing
We first featured this entree salad in 2015 and have been excited to bring it back as it continues to get great reviews from our community. The variety of textures and flavors make every bite as satisfying as it is unique.
Creamy Tahini Dressing:
- Garlic - 1 clove
- Lemons - 1 , juice
- Tahini - 1/4 cup
- Oil, olive - 1/4 cup
- Water - 1/4 cup
Greek Salad with Chicken and Avocado:
- Cucumbers, small - 2 , chopped
- Tomatoes, roma - 4 , chopped
- Parsley - 1 Tbsp , chopped
- Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless - 1 lb , sliced
- Avocados - 1 , cubed
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Za'atar - 2 tsp
- Salad greens, any type - 8 oz
- Make tahini dressing - Chop garlic. Whisk together lemon juice, garlic, tahini, olive oil, and honey. Add some water a bit at a time until smooth and pourable. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Cucumbers / Tomatoes / Parsley - Prep as directed. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Chicken - Slice against the grain into strips (i.e., look for the grain of the meat and slice perpendicular to it). Tenderize with a fork and season with some salt and pepper. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Avocados - Prep as directed.
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium heat. Add oil. When oil begins to shimmer, add chicken. Saute until chicken is cooked through, ~5 to 7 minutes. Add za’atar and season with some salt and pepper.
- To assemble salads, top greens with chicken, cucumbers, tomatoes, avocados, and parsley. Toss with tahini dressing and enjoy!