Fattoush with Pan-Fried Chickpeas
and creamy tahini dressing
We first featured this entree salad in 2015 and have been excited to bring it back as it continues to get great reviews from our community. The variety of textures and flavors make every bite as satisfying as it is unique.
Smarts: Be sure to add the pita chips (or gluten-free tortilla chips) right before serving so they retain some crunch.
- Garlic - 1 clove
- Lemons - 1 , juice
- Tahini (sub plain yogurt) - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Oil, olive - 1/4 cup
- Honey - 1 1/2 tsp
- Water - 1/4 cup
- Cucumbers, small - 2 , chopped
- Tomatoes, roma - 4 , chopped
- Parsley - 1 Tbsp , chopped
- Beans, garbanzo (14 oz / 387 g) - 1 can , drained and rinsed
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Za'atar - 2 tsp
- Salad greens, any type - 8 oz
- Quinoa, cooked (leftover from Tuesday) - 1 1/2 cups
- Pita chips, gluten-free - 2 cups , crumbled
- Cheese, feta - 4 oz , crumbled
To assemble salads, top greens with beans, cucumbers, tomatoes, parsley, and leftover cooked quinoa. Crumble pita chips and feta over top. Toss with tahini dressing and enjoy!