Fattoush with Pan-Fried Chickpeasand creamy tahini dressing
We first featured this entree salad in 2015 and have been excited to bring it back as it continues to get great reviews from our community. The variety of textures and flavors make every bite as satisfying as it is unique.
Smarts: Be sure to add the pita chips right before serving so they retain some crunch.
- Garlic - 1 clove
- Lemons - 1, juice
- Tahini (sub plain yogurt) - 1/4 cup
- Oil, olive - 3 Tbsp
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Water - 1/4 cup
- Cucumbers, small - 2, chopped
- Tomatoes, roma - 4, chopped
- Parsley - 1 Tbsp, chopped
- Beans, garbanzo (14 oz / 387 g) - 1 can, drained and rinsed
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Za'atar - 2 tsp
- Salad greens, any type - 8 oz
- Quinoa, cooked (leftover from Tuesday) - 1 1/2 cups
- Pita chips - 2 cups, crumbled
- Cheese, feta - 4 oz, crumbled
- Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium heat. Add oil. When oil begins to shimmer, add beans and za’atar. Cook until beans are hot and begin to pop, ~5 minutes. Season with some salt and pepper.
- To assemble salads, top greens with beans, cucumbers, tomatoes, parsley, and leftover cooked quinoa. Crumble pita chips and feta over top. Toss with tahini dressing and enjoy!
This meal has 32 reviews
Really yummy and nice change from a typical salad. I feel like next time I want to add some lemon zest to the dressing to add oomph.
We loved this salad. Healthy and filling!
I could eat this salad every week. LOVE the tahini dressing. We just seasoned the chick peas with smoked paprika instead of za'atar, because I'm cheap and lazy, but it was still great!
I liked this for the variety. Kids loved the chickpeas.
Husband loved this meal. I have a sensitive tongue and had to put ice on it after this meal. I'm not sure if it was the seasoning on the chickpeas or the dressing. It was a great flavor and we did love it though!
Delicious with added roasted veg and tucked into warm pita with hummus. Loved the tahini, honey and lemon dressing. Made my own za'atar spice mix. Filling and nutritious without feeling heavy which made leftovers perfect for lunches. (Skipped the quinoa as it was supposed to be left over from a meal I didn't make.)