Fattoush with Pan-Fried Chickpeas
and creamy tahini dressing
We first featured this entree salad in 2015 and have been excited to bring it back as it continues to get great reviews from our community. The variety of textures and flavors make every bite as satisfying as it is unique.
Smarts: Be sure to add the pita chips right before serving so they retain some crunch.
- Garlic - 1 clove
- Lemons - 1 , juice
- Tahini (sub plain yogurt) - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Oil, olive - 1/4 cup
- Honey - 1 1/2 tsp
- Water - 1/4 cup
- Cucumbers, small - 2 , chopped
- Tomatoes, roma - 4 , chopped
- Parsley - 1 Tbsp , chopped
- Beans, garbanzo (14 oz / 387 g) - 1 can , drained and rinsed
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Za'atar - 2 tsp
- Salad greens, any type - 8 oz
- Quinoa, cooked (leftover from Tuesday) - 1 1/2 cups
- Pita chips - 2 cups , crumbled
- Cheese, feta - 4 oz , crumbled
Make tahini dressing - Chop garlic. Whisk together lemon juice, garlic, tahini, olive oil, and honey. Add some water a bit at a time until smooth and pourable. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Cucumbers / Tomatoes / Parsley - Prep as directed. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
Beans - Drain and rinse.
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium heat. Add oil. When oil begins to shimmer, add beans and za’atar. Cook until beans are hot and begin to pop, ~5 minutes. Season with some salt and pepper.
To assemble salads, top greens with beans, cucumbers, tomatoes, parsley, and leftover cooked quinoa. Crumble pita chips and feta over top. Toss with tahini dressing and enjoy!