Baked Salmon with Curry Sauce
and coconut cream butternut squash
I think a light curry sauce makes everything more flavorful, and salmon is no exception. Pair it with this creamy and fragrant butternut squash, you have a super simple and fragrant weeknight dinner.
Coconut Cream Butternut Squash`:
- Butternut squash - 1 , peeled and cubed
- Coconut milk - 1/2 cup
- Maple syrup - 1 Tbsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
Baked Salmon with Curry Sauce:
- Salmon - 1 1/2 lbs
- Yellow curry paste - 1 Tbsp ((sub red curry paste))
- Fish sauce - 1 Tbsp ((sub soy sauce))
- Brown sugar - 1/2 Tbsp
- Coconut milk - 2/3 cup
- Lime - 1/2 , wedges
- Butternut squash - Two options: 1) Peel with a peeler and then cube; or 2) Microwave for 5 minutes, flipping the butternut squash in between. Cool and then chop, peeling off skin with a knife. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Salmon - Rinse and dry fish and divide into 4 portions.
- Sauce - If making Wednesday's night fried rice, double the amount for all ingredients. Mix together yellow curry paste, fish sauce, brown sugar, and coconut milk. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Preheat oven to 425F (218C) degrees.
- Place chopped butternut squash with 1 cup (236ml) of water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and then simmer covered for 10 to 12 minutes.
- While butternut squash is cooking, place fish into a baking dish. Cover with sauce (use only half if you doubled it for Wednesday's meal) and then cover tightly with foil. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- When butternut squash has cooked, drain, and return to saucepan. Add coconut milk, maple syrup, and salt. Puree with an immersion blender (you can also use a masher, but it won't be as smooth and creamy). Season to taste with more salt or sweetener.
- Enjoy your fish on top your coconut cream butternut squash for a fragrant weeknight meal. Serve with lime wedges.