Lamb Meatballs over Shredded Kale Salad
with tahini dressing / honey paprika roasted carrots
Create a colorful Mediterranean salad for dinner by topping a kale salad with lamb meatballs and roasted carrots. Toss the entire meal with savory, creamy tahini dressing.
- Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- Kale, curly leaf - 1 bunch, thinly sliced, stems discarded
- Lamb, ground - 1 lb
- Eggs - 1
- Almond meal - 1/4 cup
- Coriander, ground - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Cumin - 1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon - 1/4 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Stock, any type - 1/4 cup
- Sesame seeds, white - 2 tsp
- Garlic - 1 clove
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- Water - 2 Tbsp
- Oil, olive - 2 Tbsp
- Tahini - 2 Tbsp
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Carrots, baby - 1 lb (sub regular carrots, sliced)
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Paprika - 1 tsp
- Garlic (for meatballs and dressing) - Chop garlic. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Make creamy tahini dressing - Combine garlic (portion for dressing), lemon juice, water, olive oil (portion for the dressing), tahini, and honey. Whisk until smooth. Season with some salt. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Kale - Thinly slice kale leaves (discard stems). (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Make meatballs - Mix lamb, eggs, almond meal, coriander, salt, cumin, cinnamon, black pepper, and garlic (portion for meatballs). Form into 1” / 2.5cm meatballs. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C degrees.
- Toss carrots with olive oil (portion for carrots), honey, and paprika. Season with some salt and pepper. Spread out on a sheet pan.
- Roast carrots, shaking the pan halfway through cooking, until tender, 45 to 50 minutes. (Note: If you are short on time, microwave the carrots on high until starting to turn tender, 4 to 5 minutes and finish them in the oven for ~15 minutes.)
- When carrots are nearly finished roasting, heat a large skillet with a lid over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil and then meatballs to heated oil. Gently saute meatballs until brown on all side. Add stock and cover pan. Reduce heat to low-medium. Steam meatballs until cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Toss kale with dressing, adding a bit at a time until dressed to your liking. Toss with sesame seeds.
- Serve meatballs over kale with carrots on the side. Enjoy!
Fast to make, we all loved it, including our toddler. I sent leftover meatballs in her lunch.0 Helpful
I use this all the time!! everyone loves the lamb.0 Helpful
Yum! Will make again!0 Helpful
The spices in the lamb meatballs pair so perfectly with the mint tzatziki sauce0 Helpful
I ended up making the falafel in a waffle maker. Much easier and just as delicious.0 Helpful
I really enjoyed this mezza plate. We added some pickles, olives, and feta and enjoyed noshing while watching a movie on a weekend night.0 Helpful