Shrimp Laksawith rice noodles / zucchini
- Shrimp - 16 oz, peeled and deveined
- Shallots - 2 cloves, diced
- Jalapenos - 1, diced
- Lemongrass - 2 stalks, diced (sub lemongrass paste 1 tsp / stalk)
- Ginger - 1 tsp, grated
- Curry paste, any color - 2 tsp
- Coriander, ground - 1 tsp
- Turmeric, ground (opt) - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 2 Tbsp
- Fish sauce - 2 tsp
- Zucchini - 1 lb, cubed
- Noodles, rice - 6 oz
- Coconut milk, light - 3/4 cup
- Water - 3 cups
- Brown sugar - 1 tsp
- Cilantro - 4 sprigs, chopped
- Lime juice - 4 tsp
- Shrimp - Defrost shrimp.
- Shallots / Jalapenos / Lemongrass / Ginger - Prep as directed and combine. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Make curry base - Combine shallots, jalapenos, lemongrass, ginger, curry paste, coriander, turmeric, salt, oil, and fish sauce. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Zucchini - Cube zucchini. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Cook noodles - Boil noodles according to package directions. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Heat a Dutch oven or stock pot over medium heat. Add curry base and saute until fragrant, ~3 minutes.
- Add zucchini and saute for a minute to coat zucchini in spices.
- Add coconut milk, water, and brown sugar and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes to let the flavors develop.
- While soup simmers, chop cilantro.
- Add shrimp to soup and simmer until shrimp is opaque and cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes. Taste soup and season with some salt.
- Divide noodles between serving bowls. Ladle hot soup over noodles. Finish bowls with a squeeze of lime juice and cilantro. Enjoy!
I ran out of Coriander so I substituted with Garam Masala and was very happy with the result. Reminded us of the broth of a ramen that we used to get. To specify I also used Red Curry paste.0 Helpful
Best recipe that I have made so far on cooksmarts. I originally made enough to have dinner with my boyfriend with plenty of leftovers. It was so delicious that I tupperwared the rest and drove to my best friend's house the next day to share this amazing meal that I'd stumbled upon!! I'm making it again for my mom this birthday weekend - I'm so happy that I can bring something so different and delicious to the table.0 Helpful
It was delicious, however this was the first time I've cooked with lemon grass and I have to say it was the only downside. The flavor it added was great but I spent a lot of time picking little chunks of what felt like bamboo out of the meal.0 Helpful
Surprisingly delicious used whole can of coconut milk.0 Helpful
We really liked this. I almost didn’t make it after reading some comments. Spiralized zucchini and threw in a handful of orzo instead of rice noodles. Was generous with aromatics, coconut milk and spices and used broth instead of water.0 Helpful
Not as flavorful as I had expected and it was somewhere between soup and curry. Ended up not doing the rice noodles with my leftovers and put it over steamed rice instead which was much better.0 Helpful