[Leftover] Pineapple Fried Rice
with cashews / snow peas / fried egg
- Bell peppers, red - 1, diced
- Pineapple - 1 cup, diced (fresh or canned)
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp
- Snow peas, fresh or frozen - 10 oz (sub snap peas or diced green beans)
- Rice, cooked (leftover from Monday) - 1 1/2 cups
- Cashews, roasted and unsalted - 1/2 cup
- Eggs - 4
- Hot sauce (opt) - for serving
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 2 Tbsp
- Vinegar, rice - 2 Tbsp
- Oil, toasted sesame - 1 Tbsp
- Miso paste, any type - 1 tsp
- Chili garlic sauce - 1 tsp
- Heat first part of cooking oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers and saute until tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Add snow peas and saute until tender, 3 to 4 minutes (if using frozen snow peas, you can add them directly to the pan and saute them until they are warmed through, 4 to 5 minutes).
- Add sauce and bring to a simmer. Stir in rice and toss until everything is combined. Stir in pineapple and cashews. Set aside and cover to keep warm.
- Heat a nonstick pan with second part of cooking oil over medium heat. Crack eggs into oil and fry to desired done-ness (cook on one side for sunny-side up or flip and cook on both sides).
- Serve fried rice with an egg on top. Add some hot sauce if you’d like. Enjoy!
I got pulled pork from the grocery store since all of my pork from the hoisin bowls was used up, would try this again with the hoisin pork. Great way to get multiple meals from one main ingredient.0 Helpful
Made with green beans rather than snow peas and had veggie mandarin orange nuggets on the side. Scrambled the eggs in the middle of the rice. Had to add a bit more rice for the proportions to seem right. Was very yummy. Next time, would do mandarin oranges rather than pineapple and would do 1.5 or 2x the sauce.0 Helpful
Hate pineapple so swapped it for mandarin and it was so delicious!0 Helpful
Normally not a big salad fan for dinner, but this one was pretty awesome. I added cucumbers and tomatoes because I had them on hand, but even without them, the dressing and pork is so good that it just is a great meal.0 Helpful
Great way to use the leftover chicken (I used chicken instead of pork)0 Helpful
Vegetarian/original both good.0 Helpful