[Leftover] Hawaiian Pulled Pork Salad
with pineapple / cashews / bell peppers
- Bell peppers, red - 1 , diced
- Pineapple - 1 cup , diced (fresh or canned)
- Lettuce, romaine hearts - 2 , chopped
- Slow Cooker Asian Pork (leftover from Monday) - ~3 cups
- Cashews, roasted and unsalted - 1/2 cup
- Honey - 1 Tbsp
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 2 Tbsp
- Vinegar, rice - 2 Tbsp
- Oil, cooking - 2 Tbsp
- Oil, toasted sesame - 1 Tbsp
- Chili garlic sauce - 1 tsp
- Sesame seeds, white (opt) - 1 Tbsp
Bell peppers - Dice bell peppers. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Make vinaigrette - Combine honey, aminos, vinegar, cooking oil, toasted sesame oil, and chili garlic sauce. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Pineapple / Lettuce - Prep as directed. (If using canned pineapple, drain and rinse.) Store separately. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
Warm vinaigrette in the microwave or in a small saucepan over medium heat, whisking frequently, until honey is dissolved. Stir in sesame seeds. Set aside.
Heat leftover pork (from Slow Cooker Asian Pulled Pork) in the microwave.
Assemble salads by tossing lettuce, pineapple, and bell peppers with half the vinaigrette. Top with pork and cashews. Add additional vinaigrette if you’d like. Enjoy!