[Leftover] Hawaiian Pulled Pork Salad
with pineapple / cashews / bell peppers
The contrast of crisp lettuce with warm pulled pork and vinaigrette makes this entree salad a great fit for cooler weather.
- Bell peppers, red - 1 , diced
- Pineapple - 1 cup , diced (fresh or canned)
- Lettuce, romaine hearts - 2 , chopped
- Slow Cooker Hoisin Pork (leftover from Monday) - ~3 cups
- Cashews, roasted and unsalted - 1/2 cup
- Sugar - 1 Tbsp
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 2 Tbsp
- Vinegar, rice - 2 Tbsp
- Oil, cooking - 2 Tbsp
- Oil, toasted sesame - 1 Tbsp
- Miso paste, any type - 1 tsp
- Sesame seeds, white (opt) - 1 Tbsp
Bell peppers - Dice bell peppers. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Make vinaigrette - Combine sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, cooking oil, toasted sesame oil, and miso paste. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Pineapple / Lettuce - Prep as directed. (If using canned pineapple, drain and rinse.) Store separately. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
Warm vinaigrette in the microwave or in a small saucepan over medium heat, whisking frequently, until sugar and miso paste are dissolved. Stir in sesame seeds. Set aside.
Heat leftover pork (from Slow Cooker Hoisin Pulled Pork) in the microwave.
Assemble salads by tossing lettuce, pineapple, and bell peppers with half the vinaigrette. Top with pork and cashews. Add additional vinaigrette if you’d like. Enjoy!