Hawaiian Pulled Pork Saladwith pineapple / cashews / bell peppers
- Bell peppers, red - 1, diced
- Pineapple - 1 cup, diced (fresh or canned)
- Lettuce, romaine hearts - 2, chopped
- Slow Cooker Hoisin Pork (leftover from Monday) - ~3 cups
- Cashews, roasted and unsalted - 1/2 cup
- Sugar - 1 Tbsp
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 2 Tbsp
- Vinegar, rice - 2 Tbsp
- Oil, cooking - 2 Tbsp
- Oil, toasted sesame - 1 Tbsp
- Miso paste, any type - 1 tsp
- Sesame seeds, white (opt) - 1 Tbsp
- Bell peppers - Dice bell peppers. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make vinaigrette - Combine sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, cooking oil, toasted sesame oil, and miso paste. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Pineapple / Lettuce - Prep as directed. (If using canned pineapple, drain and rinse.) Store separately. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Warm vinaigrette in the microwave or in a small saucepan over medium heat, whisking frequently, until sugar and miso paste are dissolved. Stir in sesame seeds. Set aside.
- Heat leftover pork (from Slow Cooker Hoisin Pulled Pork) in the microwave.
- Assemble salads by tossing lettuce, pineapple, and bell peppers with half the vinaigrette. Top with pork and cashews. Add additional vinaigrette if you’d like. Enjoy!
This meal has 32 reviews
I got pulled pork from the grocery store since all of my pork from the hoisin bowls was used up, would try this again with the hoisin pork. Great way to get multiple meals from one main ingredient.
Made with green beans rather than snow peas and had veggie mandarin orange nuggets on the side. Scrambled the eggs in the middle of the rice. Had to add a bit more rice for the proportions to seem right. Was very yummy. Next time, would do mandarin oranges rather than pineapple and would do 1.5 or 2x the sauce.
Hate pineapple so swapped it for mandarin and it was so delicious!
Normally not a big salad fan for dinner, but this one was pretty awesome. I added cucumbers and tomatoes because I had them on hand, but even without them, the dressing and pork is so good that it just is a great meal.
Great way to use the leftover chicken (I used chicken instead of pork)
Vegetarian/original both good.