7-Layer Dip Salad
with pinto beans / cheese
Smarts: "7" is just a guideline. Feel free to add other vegetables or toppings that you like.
- Lettuce, romaine - 8 oz, chopped
- Green onions - 2 stalks, chopped, white and green parts combined
- Tomatoes, roma - 4, diced
- Avocados - 1, diced
- Beans, pinto (14 oz / 397 g) - 1 can, drained and rinsed
- Olives, black and sliced (4 oz / 113g) - 1 can, drained and rinsed
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Cumin - 1 tsp
- Chili powder - 1 tsp
- Cheese, shredded Mexican blend - 1 cup
- Sour cream - 1/2 cup (sub plain or Greek yogurt)
- Tortilla chips - 5 oz
- Vinegar, red wine - 2 Tbsp
- Paprika - 1/2 tsp
- Honey - 1/2 tsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 tsp
- Oil, olive - 3 Tbsp
- Heat a skillet with cooking oil over medium heat. Add pinto beans and saute for 1 minute to heat through. Add cumin and chili powder and saute until spices are fragrant, ~1 minute more.
- Toss lettuce and tomatoes with half the vinaigrette.
- Assemble salads by arranging a bed of lettuce and tomatoes. Add beans, cheese, olives, avocados and then green onions (green and white parts).
- Top salads with a spoonful of sour cream. Use chips for scooping up salad toppings or crumble the chips over top. Add more vinaigrette at the table if you’d like. Enjoy!
Lots of ingredients but easy to make. Next time this will be a warm weather meal..0 Helpful
Nice quick meal for an evening when you just aren't feeling like cooking. I put the different toppings in containers so we could choose our favorite toppings, since my husband doesn't care for the same things as me. We used a different dressing.0 Helpful
Easy to put together and enjoy! Tastes amazing with a bold, adjustable flavour palate and numerous textures. Definitely becoming a go-to dinner!0 Helpful
I skipped the chips. That might have helped make this a little more flavorful? There were some bites I liked, but I think the beans needed a little something more.0 Helpful
Very fresh and a nice change for a salad. Will definitely make again.0 Helpful
I turned this into a burrito bowl by adding steamed rice and omitting the chips.0 Helpful