with sauteed cauliflower and chard with raisins
The absolute easiest way to make fish! Just brush with some butter and put under your broiler for about 10 minutes and you'll have flaky fish. We pair this simple dish with cauliflower and chard that gets some sweet and tartness from raisins and apple cider vinegar.
- Cod - 1 1/4 lbs
- Butter - 2 Tbsp
- Lemons - 1/2, wedges
- Raisins - 3/4 cups
- Apple cider vinegar - 1/4 cup
- Cauliflower - 1 head, chopped
- Chard - 1 bunch, leaves separated, stems chopped
- Cooking oil - 1 Tbsp
- Marinate raisins - Combine raisins and apple cider vinegar. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead)
- Fish - Rinse and dry fish.
- Cauliflower - Chop and put into a Pyrex bowl. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Chard - Separate leaves from stems. Chop stems into 1/2" (1.25 cm) segments. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Melt butter in microwave, ~45 seconds should do the trick.
- Position top rack of the oven so it's about 6" (15 cm) below broiler. Turn on broiler to pre-heat. Line a sheet pan with foil and spray with cooking oil. Place fish on foil, brush with melted butter, salt and pepper, and broil for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Place cauliflower in a Pyrex bowl. Add 1 tbs. (15 ml) of water and sprinkle with salt. Cover with a wet paper towel and microwave for 3 minutes - this makes the sauteeing part a lot faster!
- Heat a saute pan over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil and then chard stems to heated oil with a dash of salt. Saute for ~3 minutes, until it starts to softened. Next add in cauliflower with vinegar and raisins. Saute for another 3 to 5 minutes until cauliflower is cooked but still a bit crunchy.
- Add in chard leaves. Cover and cook for 1 minute to wilt leaves. Uncover and mix everything through. Season to taste with salt and pepper. If it's too acidic from the vinegar, add some sweetener to counter the tartness.
- Serve fish with lemon wedges over your delicious vegetable dish.
So delicious! Used frozen cod from Whole Foods. Substituted spinach for chard. Easy and so good!0 Helpful
Loved these flavors! And it was so easy. I made it at the end of a long day and it seemed to come together in minutes.0 Helpful
Broiled fish was fantastic. 10 min on hi-broil and it cooked perfectly. Raisins added nice sweetness to the dish. Next time I'll do a touch less of apple cider vinegar.0 Helpful
The tofu was nice. But difficult to crust I would eat this again. But. Wouldn't be anticipating my evening meal0 Helpful
Tasty. Fish needed more salt and pepper.0 Helpful
Loved the fish! I also liked how veggie heavy this was while remaining filling. I'm always worried fish won't fill up hungry bellies, but this recipe certainly did!0 Helpful