Shrimp, Bell Pepper and Asparagus Saute
with spinach salad
Shrimp, Bell Pepper and Asparagus Saute:
- Shrimp, peeled and deveined - 1 1/2 lbs
- Bell peppers, any color - 2 , diced
- Shallots - 2 cloves , diced
- Garlic - 2 cloves , chopped
- Asparagus - 3/4 lb , ” / 2.5 cm pieces
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Cajun seasoning - 2 tsp
- Butter - 3 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
Spinach Salad with Apples and Cashews:
- Apples - 1 , sliced or chopped
- Vinegar, apple cider - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 tsp
- Oil, olive - 3 Tbsp
- Baby spinach - 5 oz
- Cashews - 1/4 cup
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together apple cider vinegar, honey and mustard. Add olive oil while whisking. Add apples, spinach and cashews on top. (Wait to toss until just before serving.)
- Heat a saute pan over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil and then bell peppers, asparagus and shallots to heated oil. Saute until vegetables are starting to turn tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Add Cajun seasoning and give the dish a good stir to combine.
- Add butter to vegetables. When butter is melted add shrimp. Season shrimp with some salt and pepper as it cooks. Cook shrimp for 2 minutes and then add garlic. Continue cooking until shrimp is opaque / cooked through, ~2 minutes more.
- Remove pan from heat and squeeze lemon juice over top. Season with some salt and black pepper.
- Toss salad.
- Serve shrimp saute with salad on the side. Enjoy!