Pork and Cabbage Cashew Stir-Fry
with spicy garlic broccoli
- Coconut milk - 1/2 cup
- Stock, any type - 1/3 cup
- Cashew butter - 1/3 cup
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 3 Tbsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Chili-garlic sauce - 1 tsp
- Cashews - 1/2 cup, chopped
- Carrots - 8 oz, sliced at a bias
- Cabbage, napa or savoy - 1 lb, chopped, white and green parts separate
- Green onions - 2 stalks, chopped, white and green parts separate
- Pork chops, boneless - 1 lb, cut into strips (sub pork tenderloin)
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp
- Hot sauce (opt) - for serving
- Broccoli florets - 10 oz, florets
- Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- Oil, toasted sesame - 1 Tbsp
- Stock, any type - 3 Tbsp
- Chili-garlic sauce - 2 tsp
- Make stir-fry sauce - Whisk together coconut milk, stock (portion for sauce), cashew butter, aminos, honey and chili garlic sauce. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Cashews / Carrots / Cabbage / Broccoli / Garlic - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Green onions - Chop green onions, keeping green and white parts separate. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Pork - Slice pork into thin strips. Tenderize with a fork and season lightly with some salt. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Heat a wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add toasted sesame oil and then broccoli. Saute for 2 minutes until broccoli is starting to turn brown in spots. Add stock (portion for the broccoli), garlic and chili garlic sauce. Cover wok with a lid or foil. Cook, covered until broccoli is tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Season broccoli with some salt. Set aside, covered.
- Return wok to heat and add first part of cooking oil and then pork to heated oil. Saute until pork is cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Set aside.
- Return wok to heat and add second part of oil. Add carrots and white parts of green onions and saute until carrots are tender, ~5 minutes. Add a splash of water if the pan starts to look dry.
- Add cabbage and saute until cabbage is tender but still has a bit of crunch, 1 to 3 minutes more.
- Move cabbage to the side of the pan, forming a donut in the middle. Pour stir-fry sauce into the donut and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 2 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Add pork back to pan and toss everything to coat in sauce.
- Serve pork stir-fry with cashews and green parts of green onions on top. Add some hot sauce if you’d like. Enjoy broccoli on the side.
The sauce was missing something....0 Helpful
Very happy with this meal and was excited to have it again for leftover night!0 Helpful
Our rice noodles got all bunched up, but it still tasted ok.0 Helpful
Not great as leftovers.0 Helpful
I don't really know how to rate this, because the person in the household who knows and loves Asian cuisines says this is awful... But the other two of us enjoyed it. It tasted similar to a pad Thai.0 Helpful
I used half a cabbage for the cabbage and used peanut sauce left over from the week before meal.0 Helpful