Chicken and Leek Frittata
with butterhead lettuce salad with citrus
- Leeks, large - 1, thinly sliced
- Rotisserie chicken (leftover from Tuesday) - ~2 cups, shredded
- Eggs - 6
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 tsp
- Mayonnaise - 2 tsp
- Vinegar, rice - 1 Tbsp
- Oil, olive - 2 Tbsp
- Lettuce, butterhead - 1 small, leaves torn
- Oranges, mandarins or clementines - 3, segments or slices
- Sliced almonds - 1/4 cup
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C.
- Heat 9” to 10” (22.5 to 25cm) skillet over medium heat (skillet size is based on 4 servings - you may need a smaller or larger skillet if you're customizing). Add cooking oil and then leeks with a pinch of salt. Saute until leeks are tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in chicken.
- Pour egg mixture over the veggies. Stir until all ingredients are evenly distributed. Transfer to the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until a knife comes out clean.
- While frittata cooks, tear lettuce and slice oranges. Toss with half the vinaigrette and continue adding vinaigrette until dressed to your liking. Top salad with sliced almonds.
- Slice frittata and serve with salad on the side. Enjoy!
My 5 year old loved these as did the rest of us. I’ve made them many times.0 Helpful
Easy and delicious - froze down a bunch to use at another time.0 Helpful
Easy and pretty tasty. Not over the moon delicious, but a solid weekday meal choice. Made 4 servings for 2 people and ate leftovers for lunch this week. Good to serve with extra salsa and guacamole. Didn't care much for the salad as a side - dressing was a bit bitter and flavors just didn't really compliment the burrito0 Helpful
Easy, flexible, and a good use of left-overs. I didn't have beans but did have corn, so subbed that. Next time, I'd probably add kale or spinach to up the veggies. Agree that this could be spicier. My gluten-free tortillas broke when bent (despite nuking them for 20 seconds), so I turned this into baked quesadillas, which worked fine!0 Helpful
Delicious and easy!0 Helpful
Might be I'm bad with tortillas, but this was a tasty mess.0 Helpful