Sausage and Vegetable Curry Soup
with curry roasted cauliflower
- Onions, medium red - 1, diced
- Carrots - 4 oz, diced
- Zucchini - 12 oz, diced
- Garlic - 3 cloves, chopped
- Green onions - 2 stalks, chopped white and green parts separate
- Sausage, cooked - 16 oz, chopped (use any pre-cooked variety )
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Butter - 2 Tbsp
- Curry powder, yellow and mild - 1 Tbsp
- Cumin - 1 tsp
- Red pepper flakes - 1/4 tsp
- Tomatoes, crushed (15 oz / 397 g) - 1 can (we liked fire roasted tomatoes in this, but regular will work)
- Coconut milk - 1 cup
- Stock, any type - 3 cups
- Cauliflower, medium - 1 head, chopped
- Oil, cooking - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Curry powder, yellow and mild - 1 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C.
- Toss cauliflower with oil (portion for cauliflower), curry powder (portion for the cauliflower) and salt. Spread out on a sheet pan and transfer to oven. Roast cauliflower, shaking the pan halfway through cooking, until cauliflower is tender and golden brown in spots, ~30 minutes total.
- While cauliflower roasts, heat a Dutch oven with oil (portion for soup) over medium heat. Add sausage and saute until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes total. Set aside.
- To heated pan add butter and then onions and carrots with a pinch of salt. Saute, scraping up any brown bits on from the bottom of the pan, until vegetables are soft, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add white parts of green onions, garlic, curry powder (portion for the soup), cumin and red pepper flakes. Saute for 1 minute more.
- Add zucchini, crushed tomatoes, coconut milk, stock and sausage back to pan. Bring to a simmer. Simmer until zucchini is tender, ~10 minutes.
- Season soup to taste with some salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top with green parts of green onions. Serve soup with cauliflower on the side. Enjoy!
This was just okay - I might try it again someday with a few tweaks.0 Helpful
Best soup I've ever had in my life0 Helpful
Love the soup. Blended the soup for smooth and creamy texture.0 Helpful
yummmm. Extra cauliflower, soup from rice cooker0 Helpful
Thought the flavor was very good. Didn’t think this would be filling enough but it was. Could probably have a little more cauliflower. Our lentils needed longer than the time it said. We favorited this one. Nice, hearty vegetarian meal.0 Helpful
I actually found the soup recipe a bit bland as written. I ended up adding the rest of the can of coconut milk as well as about a tsp each of coriander, ground ginger, turmeric as well as some fresh cilantro as garnish. I also didn’t have lemon so I squeezed a wedge of lime on each bowl before serving. Quite tasty!0 Helpful