Blackened Chicken Caesar Salad
with avocados / roasted radishes / almonds
- Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless - 1 lb, halved
- Jerk seasoning - 1 1/2 Tbsp (sub Cajun seasoning)
- Radishes - 10, quartered
- Lettuce, romaine - 4 oz, chopped
- Cucumbers - 8 oz, chopped
- Avocados - 1, cubed
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Spinach, baby - 4 oz (sub finely chopped kale)
- Almonds, sliced - 2 oz
- Garlic - 1 clove
- Anchovy filets (opt) - 2, mashed, more to taste
- Tahini - 1 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 tsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 1 tsp
- Oil, olive - 3 Tbsp
- Caesar dressing - Chop garlic. Mash garlic and anchovy filets together with a fork. Add tahini, mustard, lemon juice, aminos and olive oil. If you prefer a smooth dressing, you can blend it with an immersion blender. Season with some salt and pepper. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Chicken - Slice chicken in half. Tenderize with a fork and rub with Jerk seasoning. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Radishes / Lettuce / Cucumbers / Avocados.- Prep as directed.
- Turn on the oven’s broiler (use the low setting if possible). Place an oven rack about 6” / 15cm from the broiler.
- Brush a large sheet pan with some oil or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- On the sheet pan, spread out radishes. Toss with cooking oil and season with some salt. Add chicken to pan (move radishes aside so chicken does not cover them).
- Place chicken / radishes under broiler and broil chicken until cooked through, turning chicken and stirring radishes halfway through cooking, ~10 minutes total. (Watch chicken closely and if it starts to burn, turn off the broiler and continue cooking at 400F / 204C until chicken is cooked through.)
- Slice chicken.
- Assemble salads by tossing radishes, cucumbers, avocados, lettuce and spinach with half the dressing. Top salads with sliced chicken and almonds. Add more dressing if you’d like. Enjoy!
We ate the baguette on the side rather than making croutons out of it. Saved some time. The salad was really good! Love the roasted radishes.0 Helpful
Radishes were better than expected! These recipes seem to take longer than estimated for me to execute and I seem to dirty a lot more dishes. Those are the only 2 drawbacks so far. Hope to improve on those though!0 Helpful
Dressing was delicious! I've made it at least three times since this meal. Not a fan of the roasted radishes. Roasted and seasoned some chickpeas for croutons because I forgot to get bread.0 Helpful
I don't know if making your own croutons is worth it, I could have just as easily not had them in the salad. Other wise pretty good.0 Helpful
We used pre-made caesar dressing - because I just don't have that kind of patience - but it still was delicious! Those roasted radishes really elevated the whole thing. LOVED them.0 Helpful
Who knew roasted radishes were so good! Loved this. Omitted the anchovies and used store bought croutons, but would try homemade next time.0 Helpful