Oven Roasted Tofu, Cauliflower and Brussels Sprouts
with rice / lemon-soy-balsamic vinaigrette
- Rice, uncooked white or brown - 2/3 cup
- Tofu, extra firm - 16 oz, sliced into 1/2" / 1.25cm (vacuum packed preferable)
- Cauliflower, medium - 1 head, florets
- Brussels sprouts - 1 lb, trimmed and halved
- Lemon-Soy-Balsamic Vinaigrette (ingredients listed separately)3 - 3 Tbsp + 3 Tbsp
- Cilantro - 2 Tbsp, chopped
- Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- Lemons, zest and juice of - 1/2
- Soy sauce - 1 Tbsp
- Vinegar, balsamic - 1 Tbsp
- Paprika - 1/2 tsp
- Hot sauce (opt) - 2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 3 Tbsp
- Rice - For white rice, rinse until clear. Fill a saucepan or Dutch oven (or rice cooker) with rice, water (use 2:1 ratio for water to rice), and some salt. Cover with lid and bring to a boil. Once water boils, stir, lower heat to a low-medium, and cover. Check white rice after ~20 min; brown at ~45 min. Rice is done when it's absorbed all the water. If it's not done, leave the cover on until all water has been absorbed. Take cover off to release steam and fluff with a wooden spoon after 5 minutes. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Tofu - If tofu is packaged in water, press out liquid first, like in this video. Then slice into 1/2” / 1.25cm cubes. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Make vinaigrette - Chop garlic and zest lemon. Combine with lemon juice, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, paprika, hot sauce and oil. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Cauliflower / Brussels sprouts - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Heat oven to 500F / 260C degrees.
- Spread cauliflower, brussels sprouts and tofu out onto two sheet pans and cover tightly with foil. ‘Steam’ for 8 minutes in the oven.
- Remove foil and toss vegetables/tofu with first part of vinaigrette (divide it between pans) and roast for another 12 to 15 minutes.
- While vegetables / tofu roast, chop cilantro.
- If rice was made ahead, reheat in the microwave.
- When vegetables / tofu are finished roasting, toss with second part of vinaigrette and cilantro. Season to taste with some salt and pepper.
- Serve vegetables and tofu over rice. Enjoy!
doubled the marinade, roasted on a sheet pan instead of a pan....would probably omit the stock next time in the oven as it steamed the sprouts more than it roasted them. Solid dish, would probably make again and customize it more!0 Helpful
This was very tasty.0 Helpful
I’ve come back to this one a few times as a tasty, easy dinner with ingredients we often have in hand. We like it a lot!0 Helpful
Yum! Used extra Brussel sprouts from the garden0 Helpful
Quinoa instead of rice worked well.0 Helpful
Hubby said -- there's nothing about this meal I would change! Then he said he'd maybe roast the brussels sprouts separately so they were crispier and maintained more of the delicious marinade.0 Helpful