Pan Roasted Chicken and Brussels Sprouts
with lemon-aminos-balsamic marinade
- Chicken thighs, boneless and skinless - 4
- Lemon-Aminos-Balsamic Marinade (ingredients listed separately) - 3 Tbsp + 3 Tbsp
- Brussels sprouts - 1 lb, trimmed and halved
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Stock, any type - 1/2 cup
- Cilantro - 2 Tbsp, chopped
- Lemons, juice of - 1/2
- Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- Lemons, zest and juice of - 1/2
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 1 Tbsp
- Vinegar, balsamic - 1 Tbsp
- Paprika - 1/2 tsp
- Hot sauce (opt) - 2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 3 Tbsp
- Make marinade - Chop garlic and zest lemon. Combine with lemon juice, aminos, balsamic vinegar, paprika, hot sauce and oil (portion for the marinade). (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Marinate chicken - Pour first part of marinade over chicken and tenderize with a fork. Cover and marinate for 30 minutes and up to 1 day. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Brussels sprouts - Trim the ends and halve. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C degrees.
- Toss brussels sprouts with second part of marinade.
- Remove chicken from marinade (discard marinade) and season with some salt and pepper.
- Heat an oven-safe skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat. Add oil (portion for the chicken) and then chicken thighs to heated oil. Sear for ~4 minutes on each side, until golden brown but not cooked all the way through. Set chicken aside.
- To heated pan add brussel sprouts, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Saute for 2 minutes. Place chicken on top of brussel sprouts and pour stock into skillet.
- Transfer to oven and cook for another 20 to 25 minutes, until brussels sprouts are tender and chicken has reached 165F / 74C degrees.
- While chicken roasts, chop cilantro.
- When chicken is finished, top with cilantro and lemon juice. Enjoy!
Exceptional! I used a chicken breast instead of thighs, and wild red rice instead of white. Super flavourful, quick; and delicious.0 Helpful
doubled the marinade, roasted on a sheet pan instead of a pan....would probably omit the stock next time in the oven as it steamed the sprouts more than it roasted them. Solid dish, would probably make again and customize it more!0 Helpful
This was very tasty.0 Helpful
I’ve come back to this one a few times as a tasty, easy dinner with ingredients we often have in hand. We like it a lot!0 Helpful
Yum! Used extra Brussel sprouts from the garden0 Helpful
Quinoa instead of rice worked well.0 Helpful